Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: What is it About Revolvers and Older Pistols?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Could have been the Smith & Wesson Sigma! A truly horrendous handgun. At one point you could buy a junker Sigma and the mothership would trade you a new gun just to get it off the street.
    That was only the subcompact single-stack blowback SW9F and SW380F. The actual full size Sigmas weren’t really all that bad, but you can’t tell the internet that.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    My friend's Sigma was a 40SW and wouldn't run a mag. I later heard that it was a mag problem that was well known and fixed. But he had sold it by then.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Just a reminder that we’re only a handful of years away from the earliest imported Glocks aging into C&R eligibility.
    There's no need in remind us all that we are old...

Or....Get a P80 or one of the current Gen 1 G17 re-issues! Problem solved!

You can thank me later.....

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Probably the Rogak P-18: a very, very poor copy of the Steyer GB. A copy where they forgot to actually put in the gas system.
    I remember reading about that in a couple magazines back in the day. I think the word “turd” was used in the description.

Site Supporter
    One thing about old revolvers...

Man they look good.

Also, this gun shoots exceptionally well. At the longest distances I can shoot (20 yards) I have produced a few hits per cylinder on targets the size of a dime.

Not a quarter. A dime. Intentionally.

This gun tho.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    One thing about old revolvers...

Man they look good.

Also, this gun shoots exceptionally well. At the longest distances I can shoot (20 yards) I have produced a few hits per cylinder on targets the size of a dime.

Not a quarter. A dime. Intentionally.

This gun tho.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    I just sold one of those to help my oldest son with some financial concerns. It was a worthy cause, but I miss it.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Moped View Post
    There's no need in remind us all that we are old...
    This morning, two Troopers came into the courthouse. I remember them both when they were so new they squeaked. Now, they're balding and going grey. I don't need further reminders.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Just for "fun", I put on my Sam Browne a few years ago. It was circa 70's/80's when purchased. Still had my Bianchi "the Judge" front-break holster attached to it. And my speedloader carrier with the loaders still in the carrier. A time capsule. It is amazing how leather shrinks over time but it could have been my waist expanded. Probably the latter. Anyway, good memories. Started out with a S&W nickel Model 19 4" barrel. When I changed departments, it was a Model 66 I carried.

My first handgun purchase was a S&W model 19, blue, with a 2.5" barrel. Wish I had it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I cannot cite any, at the moment, but I have been seeing internet posts, to that effect. (Not P-F, IIRC.) I think that one might have been in a discussion about the light-trigger plastic pistols, with fully-cocked strikers, as opposed to Glocks, which are only partially-cocked, requiring the shooter to finish cocking the striker, during the trigger pull. If I recall correctly, one of the comments was that only “old” shooters would prefer a pistol that did not have a fully-cocked striker.

Another discussion was about police duty pistols. Older officers, preferring to cling to their Glocks, were seen as quaint dinosaurs.

Not saying that I am a Glock guy/fan/boy. Glocks have their uses. A baby Glock, for example, can be a good tactical reload option when the number of Comanches exceeds the number of rounds in the cylinder of my Stone Age cowboy cannon.
    Still rocking those Ruger GP 100s?

User Tag List