Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: What is it About Revolvers and Older Pistols?

My copy arrived Wednesday! I'll be starting it tonight. It'll be a good change from reading on my Kindle. A "real" book just feels right.

^^^^^^

Looking for my book to show up soon.

Site Supporter
    I have always preferred blue steel revolvers to stainless ones. As they are used they show character, more so with out the infernal S&W Lock. As for pistols my preference was always pre-MKIV Series 70 Government Models, in 45 ACP of course. I've owned and carried Glocks and as everyone knows the (expletive deleted) things work - all the time. But they have no soul. Excellent tools but so is a claw hammer. Both are things that can be replaced almost anywhere and anytime.

Of course you must take into account I'm a genuine Boomer, born in 1948. Heck, I don't even own a smart phone. (smile)

Dave

When buying a S&W revolver, 19 or 27 back in the day, I preferred a blue finish. Then a pretty set of factory full-size grips. Add to that a colorful casehardening of the trigger and hammer. Made for a pretty revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I kind of regret that I didn't buy one and keep it NIB, My niece probably could have sold it for bank in a few decades.

Now, there's an idea: A museum display of The Crappiest Guns Ever Sold. Remington R51, Colt All-American 2000, C-O-P Derringer, AMT .380 Backup, Taurus Curve.

I can't recall it, but back in the first days of the Wondernines, there was one that was so bad, Gun Tests printed a photo of one of their testers throwing the gun at a target. That was the most reliable way to hit something.
    The Rogak P18, which was an unauthorized clone of the Steyr GB (and killed the Steyr offering), has to be on the list of "The Crappiest Guns Ever Sold". https://www.forgottenweapons.com/rog...manufacturing/

Practical Handgun Training, showed up in the mail today. It's worth a read! Some good info, I didn't know and some that I have forgotten. Big proponent of Tyler Ts. Tyler Ts answered a lot of problems, cop wages were horrible and money was always tight. The handgun grip makers were into target slabs of wood and could care less about concealment. My first Tyler for a K frame was $5.00 and I appreciated the advantage it gave to a Model 10 Square butt. Circa 1972,

I had a Colt Agent, with original wood grips, that I put a Tyler T grip on. They made a vast improvement over just the original grips. I wish they weren't so hard to find or purchase. Guess I have become to enamored with purchasing online using a CC or pay app. Tyler does it the old-fashioned way. Must fill out the order form and mail it in with a money order or personal check.

But I do like the grips that came on my 442. S&W has done a good job with those. But if I wanted a wood grip on any revolver, they would sport a Tyler T grip as well.

BTW, here is the Tyler T Grip website. http://www.t-grips.com/

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    The Rogak P18, which was an unauthorized clone of the Steyr GB (and killed the Steyr offering), has to be on the list of "The Crappiest Guns Ever Sold". https://www.forgottenweapons.com/rog...manufacturing/
    I think that may have been it.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    I've had the Rosenthal book for awhile now and am about halfway thru. It's worth the Price just for his suggested method of "De-Cocking" a Revolver that's had the Hammer thumbed back for a Single action shot. I'm probably gonna' buy a few more of this book to give as gifts...

User Tag List