Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting fashion?

FWIW, I've decided that I would no longer buy any more Salomon XA Pros, due to their tendency to delaminate in a very specific spot for me, due to how I use them (backcountry hiking with a heavier ruck). I plan to try out the AKU Selvatica as a replacement, as I am able to get a pro deal with them (I don't qualify for a Lowa pro deal, otherwise I'd probably roll with the Innox), and they come in both tactical and normal colorways. It is my understanding that AKU manufactures in Italy and Romania.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    From Rhett's gram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CmDUsOFM...YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D
    "dcon_training
    @lemsshoes Boulder Boot is the best action shoe I’ve found. As comfortable as a house slipper. Silent when hunting. Protective uppers for yard work. Lightweight for big miles. And best of all… NOT tactical. Think wrestling shoe meets work hiker. I have little need for anything else.
    @lemsshoes doesn’t give me anything to say this… but if they offered I’d never turn down another pair 🤣"

I embraced the zero drop/minimalist/barefoot lifestyle years ago and wasn't loving my options when looking for a daily wear boot for 1/2 the year. I've had these Lem's Waterproof Boulder Boot for about a month now and am very pleased with them.
    Thank you for this...

As much as I dig my Salomon Speedcross shoes, I've gotta get something new...

Quote Originally Posted by rawkguitarist View Post
    I've had/have multiple Soloman's. They're great shoes for a bit, but then the glue in the soles break's down and they squeak like crazy..
    Crap. My XA Forces boot have recently started squeaking. Its bugging me... only had them about 18 months.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    A year or two back, after a thread here, I picked up a couple pairs of Altama Maritime Assault shoes. They’re comfy and have worn like iron. Their soles have lost some of their “Tier 1 stealthiness” however and have become somewhat hardened for some reason. To the point where one pair sounds like I’m practically wearing wooden clogs when I walk. It’s enough to get you kilt in da streets....
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Crap. My XA Forces boot have recently started squeaking. Its bugging me... only had them about 18 months.
    Historically, I've burned through Salomons at a rate of about one pair a year, with the sole basically going totally flat. So if you've gotten 18 months out of them, I'd say you're doing pretty well.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I tried on Adidas and Merrell trail type running shoes (like my current Salomons) and recoiled in horror. The other brands felt like bricks compared to my Salomons.
    Same here. The Merrells I've had have been decent shoes with a super roomy toe box. The Salomons feel so much more fitted, dare I say svelte. It's like I can feel the ground better. I've had some Vasque shoes that have been great fits, but I haven't seen that particular model in years.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Their footbeds are one of the only ones I don't replace with Superfeet.
    A local climbing gear sales rep I know saw me wearing an older pair of Oboz trail shoes, and told me that one of Oboz original designers was the main dude from Superfeet. He said the shoes were designed around accepting the Superfeet footbed’s, without feeling too cramped.
    I agree with you, being a Superfeet fan also, that Oboz stock footbeds are some of the best.
    It doesn’t have to be fun to be fun ― Mark Twight

Quote Originally Posted by Doublestack45 View Post
    A local climbing gear sales rep I know saw me wearing an older pair of Oboz trail shoes, and told me that one of Oboz original designers was the main dude from Superfeet. He said the shoes were designed around accepting the Superfeet footbed’s, without feeling too cramped.
    I agree with you, being a Superfeet fan also, that Oboz stock footbeds are some of the best.
    So, I'm not crazy after all. (Okay, maybe I'm stretching it.)

Thanks for that. I knew their people came from various other shoe companies and designers, but not about the Superfeet connection.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Whites are legendary in the PNW. I worked with a few guys who wore those.

There's also another one. I've been in the shop a few times.

https://www.chronline.com/stories/sh...forward,238683

The problem is they're custom fitted and take awhile to be produced. John doesn't advertise either so how do one know?
    Last edited by Borderland; 02-28-2023 at 10:15 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Thank you for this...

As much as I dig my Salomon Speedcross shoes, I've gotta get something new...
    Their site advises ordering 1/2 size larger for the waterproof model I linked. This bore out as truth for my feet.

User Tag List