Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vortex Defender CCW Optic

Site Supporter
    Edge of my and re RDS. Happy to defer to those with more experience as I only have about 3K max in pistol RDS.

That DNA catching front might give someone a bit of pause when vigorously "chopped" when clearing or otherwise manipulating the weapon.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Edge of my and re RDS. Happy to defer to those with more experience as I only have about 3K max in pistol RDS.

That DNA catching front might give someone a bit of pause when vigorously "chopped" when clearing or otherwise manipulating the weapon.
    Personally, I don’t like using the optic as my primary means to manipulate the slide. In particular chopping the front of the optic, like that can induce malfunctions by blocking the ejection path.

That portion is also the polymer impact guard rather than metal. For me it would primarily be for chafing the slide off objects when I don’t have another hand available to manipulate the slide.

You’d think in this day and age, they’d have better battery life.
    It’s not 2017.

I don’t think much R&D effort is being put into disposable battery chemistry advancements. It’s all rechargeables.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I don’t think much R&D effort is being put into disposable battery chemistry advancements. It’s all rechargeables.
    Last time I was paying attention, the Naval Research Lab (NRL) had a substantial research program on batteries, including non-rechargeable.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar

It's official!

Hey guys, we have both the 3 and 6 MOA in stock. My web guy will activate the link later this morning, specs are on Vortex's website https://vortexoptics.com/defender-cc...A~Defender~Dot

Anyone who wants to grab one feel free to PM me before our site activates them, MAP is $249.99
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

I'm far from an expert on the optics market. But my observation is that Holosun, no matter where they are made, has all but spanked everyone. I know the ACRO is a great optic - considered top notch by people I respect. Aimpoint and Trijicon may have some institutional buyers. But like others have mentioned, they may start loosing those contracts to Holosun. They might regret sticking with focus on only that market.

This Vortex looks like an OK option... but it *seems* like they designed it 5 years ago and just now released it. And I have some Vortex scopes that are the best optics I've ever used.
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar

In stock at cstactical.com a pistol-forum's supporter!!!

Last edited by CS Tactical; 03-16-2023 at 10:48 AM.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

To be fair, I think I would pick this over the Holosun 407/507 K. The polymer shock absorber is interesting. I'm skeptical that the aggressive texture on the front is something I would actually want as it looks like a possible torn up support hand when manipulating the slide. You almost had me Vortex, but the Holosun EPS now exists and I can't go back to a CCW optic that I can't easily clean the window of lint. An enclosed emitter for concealed carry is a quality-of-life upgrade that can't be reverted.

User Tag List