Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Vortex Defender CCW Optic

Quote Originally Posted by gskip View Post
    Ehhhhhh. Disagree.

Maybe I am not seeing the issue because I shoot this at typically full brightness (no refresh rate issues). I just really don't see why people are shitting on this optic so much.

The glass is bigger, the glass is clearer, the dot is brighter, the mounting system is better and it looks good. And that's comparing it to the 507k or the EPS carry.

The con's to this optic is it has really bad battery life and if you care, the dot flickers at lower settings. I don't use lower settings, unless I am zero'ing.

I've carried a RDS professionally for almost four years now, and I practically always have it at full brightness (unless I am working a grave).
    Are you talking about the Vortex or the RMSx I was talking about?

For the RMSx the dot isn’t bright enough and the plastic lens has a lot of parallax.

So the refresh issue leads to performance loss when I use it. YMMV with different optics.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Are you talking about the Vortex or the RMSx I was talking about?

For the RMSx the dot isn’t bright enough and the plastic lens has a lot of parallax.

So the refresh issue leads to performance loss when I use it. YMMV with different optics.
    My bad. I do not know the RMSx. Low brightness and lots of parallax certainly doesn’t sound good.

User Tag List