Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: I'm Making a Run at This One

I was stationed in New Haven for three years and I was never so grateful to see a place in my rearview mirror.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I was stationed in New Haven for three years and I was never so grateful to see a place in my rearview mirror.
    The number of ptomaine trucks at the Long Wharf exit seem to have grown exponentially.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I worked down in science park for a few months after I got out of the Marines. I had the keys to the old Winchester factory. That place was kinda neat. In a dirty, junkie, kinda way.
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

I may have a problem. I'll let you all know if I tap out on this one.

(I've bought two earlier this year and both are currently at the gunsmith for timing issues,)
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 10-09-2023 at 02:11 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

(I've bought two earlier this year and both are currently at the gunsmith for timing issues,)
    Well, yeah, I see what you mean, but once you have a pair AND a spare, you won't have a problem anymore... 😜
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Well, yeah, I see what you mean, but once you have a pair AND a spare, you won't have a problem anymore... 😜
    At least I’m not brain–damaged enough to jump at the “buy it now price” for a generic Highway Patrolman….

Site Supporter
    One of the Mods over at the Texas forum is selling a few wheelies.... apologies if cross posting is a bad thing...
    I know him a little bit.. former LE currently a pastor... I believe he's raising money to cover medical expenses..
    Would be happy to help if something is interesting, although I'm not well versed in wheelies.

If the cross post is verboten, I won't be hurt if this gets deleted.. Apologies in advance.

Thanks.

325 Thunder Ranch : https://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=102662
    629-1 : https://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=102673
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I’ve been outbid, so have at it. It looks like a nice gun.

Site Supporter
    A friend sent me a pic of a 27-2 he found at a local pawn shop and asked if I needed a project gun. “That train wreck? Not for $700 (their asking price). Maybe for $300.” Pitted, little finish left, no rear sight, etc, etc.

Then I sent him what it should look like: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1008689345

I’ve been outbid, so have at it. It looks like a nice gun.
    Should go for about seven fiddy or maybe eight.

I'm not a bidder.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List