Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Review my suppressor alternatives

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Wow. Here I thought the Revolver sub forum was at the top of the list at PF for bank account damage. Silly me.

Soaking it all in. Lucky for me that it will probably be a few weeks before I can get to a kiosk to upload all my info. Maybe by then I’ll have learned enough to make a decent decision.

Appreciate the heads up on the HUXWRX discount. Another line of products to investigate.

Reading thru this thread, I might be better off starting out with a dedicated .300BO, ordering a .22 along with that since they’re “*relatively*” inexpensive, and then waiting and doing more homework on one dedicated for a bolt gun. I don’t think it’s “maritially wise” to do all three at once. Lol

I’m gonna toss this out there out of pure ignorance so roll your eyes, bear with me, and point me in a general direction so I can educate myself...

Q, Kevin Brittingham and related products. There appears to be ALL kinds of opinions, topics, etc. It seems like they have made some innovative stuff. Owner has a quirky marketing gimmick, but good for him. Not much discussion (at least in this thread) on their products. This isn’t meant as a thread tangent. I’m just wanting to educate myself. Thanks.
    It's hard to go wrong with any of the popular .22 cans. My nearly 10 year old SiCo Spectre II still works great and is a pretty impressive can.

I don't think Q was mentioned once the conversation switched to a 5.56 dedicated can because they don't make one. They also only make cans with direct thread mounts for tapered barrels or their own mount (no HUB). That can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your mount preference.

For .300 BO, you have to decide if you want it for being actually quiet with subs, or a handier, shorter OAL.

PEW Science News (news@pewscience.com) reports on supressor efficiency.

As a reminder. many search engines do not do a good job reporting gun sites. Bravo, for example, is one that does not report PEW Science, while DuckDuckGo has no problem.

Duces

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    PEW Science News (news@pewscience.com) reports on supressor efficiency.

As a reminder. many search engines do not do a good job reporting gun sites. Bravo, for example, is one that does not report PEW Science, while DuckDuckGo has no problem.

Duces
    I just joined up for a month to see what’s behind the curtain.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I just joined up for a month to see what’s behind the curtain.
    Me, too. You get "at the ear" readings that aren't free. So far it confirms that even with the can I'll need to double up ear protection.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    @Jaywalker, where in TX are you located? Capital Armory is throwing a suppressor shoot next Saturday south of Austin. I’ll be there for at least a few hours.
    Can't this time, but thanks.

I just kept it simple when it comes to rifle cans - Surefire. I like the looks and the fact that it was / is being used by SOCOM. It may not be the latest and greatest, but it passed the vetting process.
    You can use 7.62 on 5.56, although, according to Pew science, the suppression will be a less effective.

For pistols, at the suggestion of my dealer, I got a .45 caliber can, as it will allow me to use it on anything from 9mm to .45. I got Rugged .45 and it seems OK.

User Tag List