Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 92X RDO Compact and M9A4 Centurion

92X RDO Compact and M9A4 Centurion

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...9a4-centurion/

I've always like shooting the 92. These sound pretty slick.

"Beretta is pleased to announce the launch of an additional size configuration for the new 92X RDO pistol family – the 92X RDO Compact. Launched in September of last year, the Beretta 92X RDO aims for top performance ideal for competitive dynamic shooting and defensive purposes with a red-dot optic ready slide, a short reset trigger, and aggressively textured 92X-style thin grips for instinctive control and a more natural fit for all shooters."

"Beretta is pleased to announce the launch of an additional size configuration for the new M9A4 pistol family – the M9A4 Centurion. Launched in September of last year, the M9A4 blends the proven design of the M9 with modern features such as a red-dot optic ready slide and dovetailed tritium night sights for optimal sight options, a beveled magazine well, and a Beretta Vertec frame with included aggressively textured 92X-style thin grips that ensure a more natural fit for all shooters."
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

So I sold all of my many duty size semiautomatics, and I’m left with a Glock 19 and a Compact CZ 75. I tried a Beretta 92X RDO Centurion today at the local shop, and my wife and I both like it. I had two M9 pistols, but they were sold in the great purge. The question is, do I get the red dot ugly screws on top model for $720 shipped, or buy an LTT Centurion without the RDO mounting plate mess on top? The 92X has a really nice trigger, with a very short reset (not that I ride resets). The LTT has that old squared trigger guard, and the 92X is rounded. TIA!

Name:  CB8B85F8-9C7E-43DD-960F-2295696CA080.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  33.1 KB

Name:  0F9050B6-8074-453D-813A-E1B6316B48B1.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  34.2 KB

@FrankB I wish that RDO model pictured above came as a 92X-G model.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    @FrankB I wish that RDO model pictured above came as a 92X-G model.
    They’re both G models. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    They’re both G models. 😎
    WUUUUUUT? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    They’re both G models. 😎
    Then the RDO model is near the top of my list because I'm now smitten by RDS capabilities. I want that option for a premium pistol. I consider them premium anyway.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    WUUUUUUT? Thank you!
    The 92Xs come in both G and F and any F can be converted to a G with a 40 dollar kit

Nice additions, if it comes without the Beretta RDO cut.

Mine as well just get a Elite LTT.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Nice additions, if it comes without the Beretta RDO cut.

Mine as well just get an Elite LTT.
    That was my thinking, but the plain old Beretta is supposed to have an improved trigger, and it certainly shows. My son bought one of my upgraded M9’s, and I tried its trigger yesterday. The RDO’s is much better. I’m an impulse buyer, so…. 🤷🏼🤣

I think it depends on whether you prefer the Vertec grip or the standard M9/92 grip. If you prefer the Vertec, get the 92X.

User Tag List