Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Like New in Box SA 1911 DS Prodigy

Like New in Box SA 1911 DS Prodigy

I just walked out of the store without it. After handling it, it makes me really want it. It is priced for $1250. Is this a good price? I have not handled any of the double stack 1911 pistols. It really has me thinking about this Prodigy. Maybe I should just simmer down.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernomad View Post
    I just walked out of the store without it. After handling it, it makes me really want it. It is priced for $1250. Is this a good price? I have not handled any of the double stack 1911 pistols. It really has me thinking about this Prodigy. Maybe I should just simmer down.
    We have a 40 page thread on these guns. You should read it before dropping $$$.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....teasing-a-2011

TLDR - some of them work and some don’t. There’s no free lunch. They are not the equal of SA’s 1911s.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernomad View Post
    As HCM says--some of these work and some don't. The good news is SA will work on it under warranty.

I'd say give it a whirl. Especially if you can get it for $1175 or something like that.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Watch Hilton Yam's video.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Thanks for the responses. I’ll read and watch.

Here's something else to watch depending on your experience with 2011s.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Here's something else to watch depending on your experience with 2011s.

Interesting. I actually have no experience with 2011s, just some experience with 1911s.

These guns, fairly or not, are directly compared to the similar Staccato product.

If the desire is to buy the Parody and basically turn it into a Staccato P then sanity would indicate that the Staccato is the correct purchase. If the desire is to have a pistol to mess around with and leave as-is and replace parts as needed then the SA would make more sense. I'd say the Parody also wins if the owner wants to deck it out with parts that aren't available on the Staccato. Personal preferences of safety, trigger, sights etc. Or if the gun is otherwise going to be seriously modified with ports, chunk port comps, etc.

I’m going to go back this morning and ask some more questions and look harder at it. I’ll probably bring my credit card with me. The model I’m considering is the 4.5” barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    These guns, fairly or not, are directly compared to the similar Staccato product.

If the desire is to buy the Parody and basically turn it into a Staccato P then sanity would indicate that the Staccato is the correct purchase. If the desire is to have a pistol to mess around with and leave as-is and replace parts as needed then the SA would make more sense. I'd say the Parody also wins if the owner wants to deck it out with parts that aren't available on the Staccato. Personal preferences of safety, trigger, sights etc. Or if the gun is otherwise going to be seriously modified with ports, chunk port comps, etc.

"Parody". You made me chuckle.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List