Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Like New in Box SA 1911 DS Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    @JCN

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    ?

The malfunctions that OP got seem serious and maybe related to the chamber / ammo combination.

I haven’t had any malfunctions from early production 5 and 4.25 but I use gamer ammo and I appreciate the softer springs.

Name:  FD37C8EF-499D-4817-8411-3533A33853C2.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  19.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    ?

The malfunctions that OP got seem serious and maybe related to the chamber / ammo combination.

I haven’t had any malfunctions from early production 5 and 4.25 but I use gamer ammo and I appreciate the softer springs.

Name:  FD37C8EF-499D-4817-8411-3533A33853C2.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  19.9 KB
    My 4.25 had a couple failures to feed in the first 250 rounds but has been reliable since. I am at 1,000+ now. Some factory stuff, some personal reloads and some Stand 1 Armory stuff.

My sample is stock other than the recoil spring and guide rod. I'm running an Atlas rod and (IIRC) a 14# ISMI spring.

Also running a 508T currently.

Post warranty work

I know this seems like old news, but to follow through on my issue, I got my pistol back from SA. It took longer than I expected, about a month. I’m ok with the turn around time. Here’s the list of repairs. It works so far at 50 rounds. I’m not sure I fully trust it yet, but so far so good. Name:  IMG_3632.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  46.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bernomad View Post
    I know this seems like old news, but to follow through on my issue, I got my pistol back from SA. It took longer than I expected, about a month. I’m ok with the turn around time. Here’s the list of repairs. It works so far at 50 rounds. I’m not sure I fully trust it yet, but so far so good. Name:  IMG_3632.jpg
    Keep us updated on how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Keep us updated on how it works out.

I shall do so. Dang having this pistol back in my hands reminds me why I liked it so much in the first place!

Honestly, those are the things causing all the heart ache for this pistol. Well, in general. Especially the tight chamber and iffy extractor set up. Tight/under spec 9mm chambers are almost a constant on SA 9mm guns.

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shorikid View Post
    Honestly, those are the things causing all the heart ache for this pistol. Well, in general. Especially the tight chamber and iffy extractor set up. Tight/under spec 9mm chambers are almost a constant on SA 9mm guns.

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using Tapatalk
    Yeah it would be reasonable to expect they know how to tool a 9mm chamber. I bet they’ve worked pretty hard trying to fix that problem. Humans making mistakes making machines. Shit happens.

Range time is Sunday. I’m going wring this thing out. I’ll report back.

Yeah it would be reasonable to expect they know how to tool a 9mm chamber. I bet they’ve worked pretty hard trying to fix that problem. Humans making mistakes making machines. Shit happens.

Range time is Sunday. I’m going wring this thing out. I’ll report back.
    Recently saw in Instagram thing from Aaron Cowan talking about the problems with the Prodigy he had. Someone replied they sent theirs back to the factory to be fixed. Aaron replied if he was going to send his out it would be to a professional not to Springfield. (paraphrase)

I'll wait for the Custom Shop version...a DS with a Professional roll mark would be kinda cool.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Range Day

My son and I ran about 400 rounds of Magtech 124gr fmj, some 124gr jhp and 147gr reloads. No failures. I am so relieved Springfield fixed it right. I can now enjoy shooting this thing!

User Tag List