Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Like New in Box SA 1911 DS Prodigy

A friend just cropped up with one, sn nearly 21000, and reports good shooting so far.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Bernomad View Post
    I had the chance to have some proper range time today. My son and I ran about 300-400 rounds through this prodigy. Prodigy had a half dozen or so of failures to go into battery, which could be remedied by tapping the back of the slide. Also has a failure to extract the case which tore a chunk off the rim. Used a rod to push the case out from the muzzle. More concerning were failures that resulted in a live round being stuck in the chamber so much that we were unable to pull the slide back to clear the round. Had to use a dowel through the muzzle to break it loose a few times. We stopped using it for the day. This gun was clean and well lubed, in 50 degrees Fahrenheit sunny weather. Most of the rounds today were Magtech 124 gr with the rest being 147 gr, which were reloaded by my son. Both types of ammo had failures. All of the retrieved rounds including the ones that were stuck in the Prodigy worked perfectly in my 9mm Garrison, 92FS and an Sig X5. I am simply going to call Springfield CS tomorrow and arrange for them to fix it. I hope they can make it work.
    Not to be an ass, but that is pretty much what I expected to hear. Not saying I wouldn't buy one, I think they would make good project guns.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Not to be an ass, but that is pretty much what I expected to hear. Not saying I wouldn't buy one, I think they would make good project guns.
    I’m not surprised either. I want to give SA a chance to make it work right. It’s actually the first gun I’ve ever sent back to a manufacturer for repair. This is a new experience for me. I sent it via FedEx today after work. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    A friend just cropped up with one, sn nearly 21000, and reports good shooting so far.
    I expect they have some of this stuff figured out by now. They did not when they made this one with serial number in the 4k. Do you know if he has put a lot of rounds through it? Also, curious to know if he has the 4.25” or the 5”.
    Last edited by Bernomad; 02-27-2023 at 08:04 PM.

I’m not surprised either. I want to give SA a chance to make it work right. It’s actually the first gun I’ve ever sent back to a manufacturer for repair. This is a new experience for me. I sent it via FedEx today after work. I’ll let you know how it turns out.
    Did SA agree to warranty the gun? Their website says the warranty is for the original retail purchaser. I’ve considered a few used Prodigy’s, but shied away for fear that SA wouldn’t honor the warranty for a second hand gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Phred View Post
    Did SA agree to warranty the gun? Their website says the warranty is for the original retail purchaser. I’ve considered a few used Prodigy’s, but shied away for fear that SA wouldn’t honor the warranty for a second hand gun.
    It was an unregistered return to the store. I registered the warranty when I bought it.

I expect they have some of this stuff figured out by now. They did not when they made this one with serial number in the 4k. Do you know if he has put a lot of rounds through it? Also, curious to know if he has the 4.25” or the 5”.
    4.25"
    Only 200
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Apparently your odds of getting one that worked correctly out of the box was much better if you were in “influencer” who got it directly from Springfield.
    It’s too bad that QC was apparently on vacation the last few months.
    Hopefully they get you squared away.

Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    Apparently your odds of getting one that worked correctly out of the box was much better if you were in “influencer” who got it directly from Springfield.
    Yeah, there’s some truth to that. I figure they can finish what they started at least. I picked up a new Garrison in 9mm that has been excellent though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    @JCN

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

User Tag List