Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith and Wesson FPC

https://www.rkguns.com/smith-wesson-...-25-12575.html
    Pics wrong but it has some more info and a price of 629
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    BTW it's the second product-improved KelTec that S&W made recently, the other is a clone of KSG. S&W RFB when.
    I wouldn't say S&W is improving Kel-Tec designs. S&W is devolving into a Kel-Tec competitor.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I will welcome this option just because I am all wrapped up around M&Ps, and there has never been a very elegant PCC M&P magazine solution. The Stern looks cool, but costs half of what many PCCs sell for. I have always wondered why S&W never made a M&P AR9, since they make reasonable quality ARs. I am very happy with my Colt/Uzi mag CMMG AR, was never motivated enough to go spend what it costs for the insert (and probably setup another lower).

The Ruger is cool, but seems rather heavy and is aledged to work with M&P mags if you cut an extra slot in them, if I liked the gun more I would probably modify a few of my many magazines, but I don't love the gun.

I expect to be able to handle one of these at the NRA-AM in Indy soon, but unless it turns out to just be a total turd I am gonna add it to my wantsie list, probably near the top.

Pretty sure Henry new pcc can take M&P mags
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    The Ruger is cool, but seems rather heavy and is aledged to work with M&P mags if you cut an extra slot in them, if I liked the gun more I would probably modify a few of my many magazines, but I don't love the gun.
    I am taken by surprise a little by all the love for M&P magazines, in the context of Ruger adapters. I've never met anyone who were interested IRL, but it was a persistent request online. Maybe I needed to buy a few of M&P mags and went for it. But now that Smith and Henry came up with guns for those, it's probably too late.

The domestic sales for additional (e.g. non-Glock) Ruger PC adapters break down about like this: 45% P320, 30% B92, 20% P365, 5% CZ75. The CZ-75 was the first type developed, and it tends to gather all the interest among the people I know, that is to say local competition shooters. But nobody aside from them cared.

Perhaps Henry did a better market research. Also, here's one oddity: their magwell for P320 and M&P magazines is one and the same. I wonder if we had an M&P magwell for Ruger PCC all this time and never realized it.

Regarding modifying the M&P magazines for Ruger, allegedly it's extremely easy. So easy in fact that it was a factor why I never offered an adapter. The trick is to use one of Ruger's magwells, which locks on center. So, all you have to do is to drill one 2.5mm hole in the front strap of the magazine. Or at least this is what they say on the Internet, I didn't try it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I have always wondered why S&W never made a M&P AR9, since they make reasonable quality ARs.
    Why not bring back the S&W Model 76?

Name:  Screen Shot 2023-02-24 at 2.10.26 PM.jpg
Views: 1000
Size:  17.9 KB

Add a few inches of Picatinny rail and call it good.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Why not bring back the S&W Model 76?

Name:  Screen Shot 2023-02-24 at 2.10.26 PM.jpg
Views: 1000
Size:  17.9 KB

Add a few inches of Picatinny rail and call it good.

Okie John
    Because 16” barrels on long receiver gen 2.5 smgs would be kinda awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Because 16” barrels on long receiver gen 2.5 smgs would be kinda awkward.
    They are awkward even on Uzi.

Hopefully there is a way to adapt to non M&P mags.

I am taken by surprise a little by all the love for M&P magazines, in the context of Ruger adapters.
    My love for the M&P magazines is only that I have settled onto the M&P as my only striker gun I am focused on, rather than the three to five various ones I used to think that I "needed". So at this point they are what I primarily shoot, and if there was this PCC available that at the end of the typical pistol session I could stuff my remaining partially loaded magazines into and empty them in a proper manner I would be all for that. But I just built up a neat little 10/22 for such plinking use, life is full of quandaries....

Regarding modifying the M&P magazines for Ruger, allegedly it's extremely easy. ... So, all you have to do is to drill one 2.5mm hole in the front strap of the magazine. Or at least this is what they say on the Internet, I didn't try it myself.
    I thought it needed to be a simple vertical slot, but never pursued it.
    Like I said, I always thought the Ruger PCC was cool, but at any given time there is a list of things that I think are cool that totals ~$5k-$10k in value, and buying a Ruger at retail never made it up to the top of that list. Had I ever tripped over one used maybe it would have been a different outcome (but sine I hardly ever troll gun stores that is low probability)?
    Now unless this S&W thing turns out to just be a dog I will probably give it a whirl (along with that new A300UP... )

User Tag List