Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith and Wesson FPC

Smith and Wesson FPC

I watched Ava's video this morning before she hid it. Apparently she broke the embargo by accident.

I don't have any screencaps for you, but it's basically a significantly improved SUB2k. Instead of folding up, it folds to the side, so it's friendly to optics. Although, I don't understand just why the rail is not on the receiver, but on the handguard only. The charging handle is non-reciprocating. The bolt release does not work as a release, which I think is a mistake.

Overall, FPC looks quite decent. Not my cup of tea, but should be a good option of those considering SUB2000 or perhaps Cx4.

P.S. BTW it's the second product-improved KelTec that S&W made recently, the other is a clone of KSG. S&W RFB when.

Interested for sure. The Sub2000 is a gun I've always liked the idea of, but the execution I found lacking. The Gen2 was an improvement but it still had fundamental issues I just couldn't overlook. And it's KelTec. All my experiences with their firearms have not been confidence inspiring.

Edit to add: Glad to see that S&W is finally ripping off their good ideas, not just the dumb ones.

Vending Machine Operator
    I actually caused this by finally buying the CX4 I've wanted for 10+ years.

No regrets.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

The one frame youtube allowed me to see before the screen going to the black “restricted” screen.

I watched the vid twice before it went down. if I remember correctly the price was said to be around $600. Provided its reliable with no egregious quirk, I could see this being the best of the bunch for affordable pistol caliber carbines. It looks like s&w took all the pros of the sub2000 and eliminated the cons. Looks way more robust and while surely heavier, that should help with recoil that a lot of people complain about with the sub 2000. The fold to side feature will allow for easy mounting of optics without losing the ability to fold like on the sub2000. Was said to come with 3 mags, two 22 rounders I believe and a 17 rounder. It looks like the 15 round m&p mags will fit as well. I'm predicting a home run for s&w.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I actually caused this by finally buying the CX4 I've wanted for 10+ years.

No regrets.
    Same.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Trstn View Post
    I watched the vid twice before it went down. if I remember correctly the price was said to be around $600. Provided its reliable with no egregious quirk, I could see this being the best of the bunch for affordable pistol caliber carbines. It looks like s&w took all the pros of the sub2000 and eliminated the cons. Looks way more robust and while surely heavier, that should help with recoil that a lot of people complain about with the sub 2000. The fold to side feature will allow for easy mounting of optics without losing the ability to fold like on the sub2000. Was said to come with 3 mags, two 22 rounders I believe and a 17 rounder. It looks like the 15 round m&p mags will fit as well. I'm predicting a home run for s&w.
    I hope it solves the issue of gas to the face for lefties. If so I'd be interested in this.

I originally bought the Sub2k as a lightweight SD rifle for family. I have several gun owners in the family but no shooters. The Keltec was the closest thing to handgun controls that if I were to hand one to some family members it would feel familiar. With the exception of the charging handle everything is around the pistol grip. Also something I already owned a ton of mags for.
    Having tried the S2000 v2 I was pleasantly surprised, although it's definitely not without some short comings. Maybe because I was expecting a complete dumpster fire. But I found the recoil to be fine, better than my CZ Scorpion, which I thought was completely ridiculous for such a heavy gun (in relation to something duty size) shooting a 9mm. And today theres a company that makes a rds mount for the S2k. Not the one that sits 5ft high and rotates but one that puts the rds essentially like a 3X magnifier. It folds out of the way.

For me, the biggest complaint has been the gas and unburnt powder to the face, specifically the mouth and nose area.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    I hope it solves the issue of gas to the face for lefties. If so I'd be interested in this.

I originally bought the Sub2k as a lightweight SD rifle for family. I have several gun owners in the family but no shooters. The Keltec was the closest thing to handgun controls that if I were to hand one to some family members it would feel familiar. With the exception of the charging handle everything is around the pistol grip. Also something I already owned a ton of mags for.
    Having tried the S2000 v2 I was pleasantly surprised, although it's definitely not without some short comings. Maybe because I was expecting a complete dumpster fire. But I found the recoil to be fine, better than my CZ Scorpion, which I thought was completely ridiculous for such a heavy gun (in relation to something duty size) shooting a 9mm. And today theres a company that makes a rds mount for the S2k. Not the one that sits 5ft high and rotates but one that puts the rds essentially like a 3X magnifier. It folds out of the way.

For me, the biggest complaint has been the gas and unburnt powder to the face, specifically the mouth and nose area.

Looked like the area behind the ejection port was pushed out some. I thought it might have been to help deflect shells away from the shooter but maybe it's to deflect gas.

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post

Do you still have the Scorpion? I found going to a stock on mine that wasn’t as in-line really helped with the recoil.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Do you still have the Scorpion? I found going to a stock on mine that wasn’t as in-line really helped with the recoil.
    No, got rid of it a while ago. When this whole brace thing coming up, back in the early fall, I thought about going for the SBR but ultimately I wasn't interested enough in it to spend the $200. Traded towards a DW AR

User Tag List