Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bergara sling studs?

Bergara sling studs?

I just put down money for a Bergara B14 HMR .308 and I’m patiently waiting for the 10 days to clear! I’ve already bought some add on parts that are waiting to be installed. One of these parts is an Atlas Picatinny rail for a qd bipod.

The rail uses the existing sling stud holes to mount. I wanted to know if the studs are screwed in or if they are bolt threaded. I’m just trying to plan ahead to know if I’ll need to do any drilling!

I found my answer. The studs have bolt threading, not wood screw thread. They thread into internal chassis of the stock.

That same rifle is on my 'wish list' for some point in the future. Please keep us posted on your impressions once you get it to the range!

Will do! The only other bolt gun I have is Steyr SSG 69 that I’ve had for about 20 years now. That was a nice gun, but is a little outdated now. Zero aftermarket support and very little manufacture support since it’s been discontinued. The mags are expensive and made of plastic so they can break easily. The trigger is decent, but I could only get mine down to 4 lbs. In stock form, it only accepts proprietary scope rings because the receiver has dovetail cuts to accept them. I can go on and on, but I can’t wait to get my hands on that Bergara!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    Will do! The only other bolt gun I have is Steyr SSG 69 that I’ve had for about 20 years now. That was a nice gun, but is a little outdated now. Zero aftermarket support and very little manufacture support since it’s been discontinued. The mags are expensive and made of plastic so they can break easily. The trigger is decent, but I could only get mine down to 4 lbs. In stock form, it only accepts proprietary scope rings because the receiver has dovetail cuts to accept them. I can go on and on, but I can’t wait to get my hands on that Bergara!!!
    Interesting.... I was in a similar place until just a couple of weeks ago. I have a few milsurp bolt guns but haven't had a 'modern' bolt action since selling my Browning A Bolt Medallion almost 20 years ago, at least until I bought a Tikka T3x in 270WIN. I am very impressed with it, as I am with my Bergara BMR in 22WMR that I bought about 6 weeks ago. Enjoy that new HMR.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I have an HMR Pro in 6.5CM that I threw in a magpul chassis. It is a heavy gun but the action is extremely smooth. You will be happy with yours.

Leveling scope

4 more days till I pick up my new rifle and I’ve been toying with all the accessories I plan on putting on it.

I picked up a Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 scope and their PRO rings as well as the Bergara brand scope base. I have scope leveling wedges, but it like I might have use the BUBBLE LEVEL method to level the scope because of the Bergara base. The base has the Bergara logo embossed in a relief cutout in the center of the rail, right where the center housing of the scope might sit.

The leveling wedges won’t have a flat spot on the rail to index off of. I’ll report back once I pick up the rifle.

UGH! Picked up the rifle yesterday and started installing the Bergara scope base. They recommended 25 in/lbs for the 4 retaining screws. 2 of them sheared off at 15-18 in/lbs, leaving the studs in the receiver.

I contacted Bergara and they said I need to send the gun back to them. If I extracted the studs myself, it would void the warranty! So it will be another 3-4 weeks before I can even shoot the thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    UGH! Picked up the rifle yesterday and started installing the Bergara scope base. They recommended 25 in/lbs for the 4 retaining screws. 2 of them sheared off at 15-18 in/lbs, leaving the studs in the receiver.

I contacted Bergara and they said I need to send the gun back to them. If I extracted the studs myself, it would void the warranty! So it will be another 3-4 weeks before I can even shoot the thing!

Besides the broken screws for the base plate the Bergara feels like a great rifle. The action is smooth and the adjustable stock feels great. Now if only I could take it to the range and put some round through it..

User Tag List