Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An 11-87P Resurrected

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    NH Shooter had a very memorable thread regarding the 11-87.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?37084-1187P
    Those are some slick 11-87s. I need to figure out a light mount for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by 167 View Post
    Is the LOP on the Urbino noticeably shorter?
    It feels shorter and you can get it with a Limbsaver pad but the pistol grip is doesn't fit my hand well and I think it's got too much angle to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    It has been awhile, but the "Premier" designation, in addition to the wood and finish, impiied a "light contour" barrel.
    Not necessarily. Remington made a version of the Premier called the 11-87 Skeet and I think a version called either Premier Skeet or Skeet Premier.

I have an 11-87 Skeet Left Handed model. I'm not sure why, other than as a lefty I kinda wanted a left handed shotgun. Now? Nnnnnerp. I like right side ejection guns because I can maintain my firing grip and let my support hand do all the feeding. I'll leave all that over-the-top or under-the-receiver stuff for al you righties. Y'all look like pretzel trying feed shotguns!

So one of you righties needs this left handed 11-87!

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    My 11-87P has been my boom stick for over 25 years. I often wonder if I should jump on the 1301 bandwagon but I keep coming back to the realization that it has worked well for me in the field and I more than trust it at home.
    A buddy of mine has resisted the siren call to dump his 11-87P for the "next big thing" in semiauto shotguns so long that - like me - he has reached the point where he doesn't really care whether he upgrades or not. His example just runs and runs.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

I've been using the 1100 (and the 11-87) line of shotguns since the early 70's and they've served me very well. I'm right-handed but shoot long-guns from the left shoulder and since there weren't many LH guns when I grew up, I had to adapt to the manual of operation of RH guns. There's some very capable new SG's out there, but it might be perilous for me to try and switch now for some perceived/imagined benefit. Like most firearms, if you keep them clean, maintained, lubricated and well fed with quality ammo, these SG's work with predictable reliability.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

User Tag List