Thread: Blacked out sights for Glock 19 Gen5 MOS with SCS?

Blacked out sights for Glock 19 Gen5 MOS with SCS?

I have a new G19 (my first Gen5) and SCS on the way, and want to get some steel backup irons en route.

There has been a lot of discussion on sights for Gen5 pistols, but not clear if things have changed given the updates to the Gen5 over the years.

I want a blacked out u-notch set. Because of how low the SCS is, suppressor height shouldn’t be needed.

I’ve found the Ameriglo GL-425 (0.272) and GCF-115 (0.165). I don’t see a 0.256 rear option in u-notch, but there is a 0.240 option (but aimed at the slimline series, so not sure if the width is reduced). There is also the GCF-180-115 (0.180).

For comparison, my current Gen 4 Glock 19 is running the Ameriglo Agent GL-852, which I’m pleased with.

I don’t have the Gen 5 gun yet, so no insight on its current POI. What’s the default groupthink around this?

Reach out to Dawson Precision. I’m pretty sure Dave will make you whatever you want. He’s been very helpful over the years.

https://dawsonprecision.com/sights/g...os-sight-sets/
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I just got these quickly (they shipped within about an hour of the order) for my G19 with EPS.

https://chpws.com/product/buis-for-r...ront-and-rear/

Just installed this week and only dry fired with them on. I expect they'll suit me just fine. SCS might need something even shorter. IDK, I'm new to this RDS thing. But with the EPS they'll lower quarter maybe. Not bothering my dot stuff but easy to shift to.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Dawson quit making custom sights when last I checked in 2022.

I like Dawsons for MOS, but they don't make a U notch.

Well I can't find an individual listing. They've often had stuff buried in their PDF catalog that isn't on the site, at least from what I've seen in the past.

I did find this set with a rear that's listed as a .256" height. I'd confirm with them it actually is and see if they can sell you just the rear. What's weird is I don't see a rear with those specs in the catalog, so I half wonder if it's a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Well I can't find an individual listing. They've often had stuff buried in their PDF catalog that isn't on the site, at least from what I've seen in the past.

I did find this set with a rear that's listed as a .256" height. I'd confirm with them it actually is and see if they can sell you just the rear. What's weird is I don't see a rear with those specs in the catalog, so I half wonder if it's a typo.
    Good find. I emailed them and asked. Thanks!

10-8 Performance sights are U notch.

User Tag List