Thread: Recommended Intro to Handgun Course in Tampa area?

Recommended Intro to Handgun Course in Tampa area?

I have a lady friend who lives in Tampa and wants to learn about shooting and carrying pistols. I don't live there and have no idea who or what is recommended. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Dude, no brainer. My wife and my friend's wife will be in Lakeland at Randy Cain's Lady's Only Handgun 101 class on November 10-11. According to the website, it's not full, and if the date can be made to work at all, I recommend you take a spot! Randy is, in experience, the single best person to teach fundamentals to beginners. Clarity, patience, humor, doesn't seem to mind repeating himself - he clearly enjoys watching newbies lay down a good foundation of shooting skills.

That's my opinion, which is clearly less well-informed than that of many others on here...
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by mariodsantana View Post
    Dude, no brainer. My wife and my friend's wife will be in Lakeland at Randy Cain's Lady's Only Handgun 101 class on November 10-11. According to the website, it's not full, and if the date can be made to work at all, I recommend you take a spot! Randy is, in experience, the single best person to teach fundamentals to beginners. Clarity, patience, humor, doesn't seem to mind repeating himself - he clearly enjoys watching newbies lay down a good foundation of shooting skills.

That's my opinion, which is clearly less well-informed than that of many others on here...
    Thanks very much for sharing this great information.
    ubervic

Randy's Ladies Handgun course for sure. I know dozens of women and husbands of women that have taken the course and all have benefitted from it. I've taken about a half-dozen different courses from Randy as well and do not know of a better fundamentals instructor.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    I have a lady friend who lives in Tampa and wants to learn about shooting and carrying pistols. I don't live there and have no idea who or what is recommended. Any guidance would be appreciated.
    I will be giving a class in Orlando, FL on December 02/03.
    First part of the class is based on Perfect technique and precision, teaching Olympic shooting techniques which I incorporate into defensive/competitive shooting. The other part of the class is about some tactics, shoot on the move, Loading and Unloading; Draw from Holster; Target Engagement 5 to 15 yards under Time Pressure; Malfunction Clearing; One hand shooting, Speed and Tactical Reloading; and more.

For more information, you can go to my webpage: http://adroitshop.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=132

Please feel free to contact me if you have any question at info@gabbyfrancol.com

Gabby Franco
    TOP SHOT - Season 4 contestant
    NRA Firearms Instructor

User Tag List