Thread: Blackhawk T-Series L2C Holster Tek-Lok Modification

Blackhawk T-Series L2C Holster Tek-Lok Modification

I've been trying out a Blackhawk T-Series L2C Holster this week and I really love it. I was using the belt slide, but tried the Blackhawk belt clip as I wanted to be able to move it to different belts without introducing additional standoff with a QD system. I like high holster ride height where the holster opening is even with the belt line, so the clip system would work well. Unfortunately, the belt clip that comes with the holster is comically huge and extends down 1.5 inches from the bottom of where the belt slides through. It didn't take much dry fire to feel it digging into my hip and causing pain. The hole pattern is such that it cannot be mounted upside down. So, time to solve a problem.
    I had a Blade-Tech Tek-Lok laying around and did comparison. The Tek-Lok, mounted upside down like I like to do on holsters, is much shorter and doesn't protrude down where the hip would be. Surprisingly, the hole pattern of the Tek-Lok matches the BlackHawk mounting pattern exactly, with the tradeoff that there is no chance for cant adjustment. Fine by me as I want a straight drop anyway. There are only 2 obstacles to overcome: the holes are one size too small to fit over the embedded steel receiver nuts in the holster, and the BlackHawk screw heads are too thick to allow the Tek-Lok to close on a belt. Easy fix, drill out the holes with a drill bit the same size as the receiver nuts, and buy 10-32 x 1/4" flat head machine screws from Home Depot. The Tek-Lok now fits like it was made for the holster, is comfortable to wear, and the holster can live on different belts without threading. I've come to trust the Tek-Lok for my use although I wouldn't do this mod on a T-Series duty holster for obvious reasons.

Last edited by stomridertx; 02-16-2023 at 11:45 PM.

User Tag List