Thread: Anyone Using a CZ 75 PCR?

Anyone Using a CZ 75 PCR?

I知 liking my CZ 75 SemiCompact, but would enjoy the lighter weight of the PCR. I知 afraid my hand might be too large for the smaller PCR. TIA!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  30.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I知 liking my CZ 75 SemiCompact, but would enjoy the lighter weight of the PCR. I知 afraid my hand might be too large for the smaller PCR. TIA!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  30.3 KB
    It's my primary appendix carry and one of my favorites. More comfortable for larger handed people than a g19 gen 4 (finger grooves dont help). Im more of an XL length and medium thickness in hand size though. Seems to fit both women and Hodors in my experience though.
    My plastic bottomed mags (newer style?) Give a bit more purchase than the flat metal bottomed mags.

Other than being shorter, the grips should be very similar. You can do a lot with aftermarket grip panels to adjust the feel.

I prefer the P-01 (the light rail adds a little more weight to the muzzles) and that is my go-to platform when I want to go to a double stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    Other than being shorter, the grips should be very similar. You can do a lot with aftermarket grip panels to adjust the feel.

I prefer the P-01 (the light rail adds a little more weight to the muzzles) and that is my go-to platform when I want to go to a double stack.
    Good point on the grips affecting feel. IMHO, the factory rubber grips are quite thick, making them appropriate for larger hands

Site Supporter
    I have two PCR's. They are slightly thinner than the P-01. I carried one in a Tucker IWB for several years. The P-01 is better balanced, and I shot it somewhat better. CZ prices on these two models are now in the HK category. They are no longer the great deal that they once were. I urge you to consider the P-07 which has a less complicated action as in not over engineered. My opinion based on my small sample is that mastering the P-07 is a tad easier. In the shotgun world the Rem 870 fit most folks and was easy to shoot well. This statement applies to the P-07. CZ had their thinking cap on when they designed this one.

Thanks for the replies. I知 61, so the Cold War cool factor plays a big role in choosing a CZ 75. The CZ 75 SemiCompact I recently traded for is great, especially with a #15 hammer spring. Something a bit lighter and with a more concealable grip would be great for EDC, but only if it shot as well as the heavier all steel model. I致e found a few PCR models for $550, and actually have one in my shopping cart online.

Vending Machine Operator
    I sadly did find the PCR too small for my hands, my pinky got eaten up by the magazine baseplate. Shame because I love my 75BD.

For reference, my hands fits just about perfectly on a M&P 45 4.6"
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List