Thread: Shot My 617 For ICORE Sunday

Shot My 617 For ICORE Sunday

A few months ago the match director of one of our local ICORE clubs invited me to shoot the match. I no longer have any centerfire handguns but he said ICORE now allows .22s to compete so I got a holster and brought my 617 to give it a try. The biggest concern was hitting the steel targets and nocking them down. Rules say all I needed to do was hit them but to my surprise I was able to nock all by the falling plates. They were set harder then the rest. Good thing they were painted before I had to shoot them.

I had a great time. Met some new people and was able to talk to old friends I haven't seen in 10 years. Only one guy gave me a hard time for shooting a .22. After all his harassment I finally told him "Don't be and ass" and I walked away. He wasn't going to destroy my entertainment for the day.

Next time I go I'm bringing a box of CCI Stingers for the plates. I'm sure that will nock them down.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by AzShooter View Post
    Met some new people and was able to talk to old friends I haven't seen in 10 years. Only one guy gave me a hard time for shooting a .22. After all his harassment I finally told him "Don't be and ass" and I walked away. He wasn't going to destroy my entertainment for the day.
    Good on you for telling that guy off!

I would take 100 guys shooting 22LR with good attitudes than one sour puss cranky pants.

User Tag List