Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Monsoon Tactical Lucky 7’s barrel porting

Monsoon Tactical Lucky 7’s barrel porting

In my never ending quest to see what works best or sucks, last year I decided to add another type of port/comp to my collection - the Monsoon Tactical Lucky 7’s barrel porting. Id been following them on IG and some other guys I know like them so I figured I’d give it a try. What was even better - the Lucky 7’s work with a Brownells G19 window slide, which I already had. So for @$100 I had the Lucky 7’s cut in.

MT uses the “order and pay, but hang on to your stuff til we call you” model and it worked great. Timeframe was right what they quoted me. Turn around time from me shopping slide/barrel to them until it was ready to pick up was a week or so. Took me another 10 days to get up there to pick it up (was my choice to pick it up and not ship). I got it last Wednesday and have put 150ish rounds through it. Works great. I’ll do some side by side testing soon. Shot it at a match tonight and I liked it. Maybe better than the Ramjet/Afterburner. Maybe. Needs further testing.

Name:  98BA6FD5-B165-436C-9721-B379735D6AA3.jpg
Views: 2940
Size:  101.2 KB
    Name:  2BA1E1CF-137F-44C2-A1CE-2D8D5BAC4002.jpg
Views: 2849
Size:  81.2 KB
    Name:  75BC8E81-1B55-449F-B4CB-3E2800CC17E2.jpg
Views: 2662
Size:  100.2 KB
    Name:  5CFC5803-80DA-4961-B21A-B24C019899BE.jpg
Views: 2659
Size:  47.5 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Curious what chrono results look like with that.

I know several of the guys from MT, and shoot steel with them during season. They do good work.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Curious what chrono results look like with that.

I know several of the guys from MT, and shoot steel with them during season. They do good work.
    I can tell you they don’t feel watered down at all. I’ll try to get a chrono.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

These guys seem to like Lucky 7's and in their testing they seemed pretty effective.

Site Supporter
    I would be very interested in the effects of the porting on velocity. Has anyone seen testing of the velocity before and after porting?

I am manfully resisting the temptation to have a barrel ported now that IDPA allows it.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

How is accuracy at further ranges? 25yards, 50yards and beyond?

I saw and read were a monsoon ported barrel was sending bullets tumbiling at further ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    I would be very interested in the effects of the porting on velocity. Has anyone seen testing of the velocity before and after porting?
    I emailed them a few weeks ago and this was their answer

The Chunk Port on average loses roughly 20-30 fps and the Lucky 7's loses closer to 65fps. Lucky 7's is our softest shooting package

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    I’ll do some.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    How is accuracy at further ranges? 25yards, 50yards and beyond?

I saw and read were a monsoon ported barrel was sending bullets tumbiling at further ranges.
    I’m not the greatest long distance shooter, but I’ll do some at 25.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

User Tag List