Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anybody heard anything about new MR88s from Beretta?

My 66-8 started skipping chambers that seems more likely due to my trying to dryfire and shoot fast. I never got under 0.2 splits but have gotten 0.2-0.24 regularly enough. Averaging 0.25 probably.

Dryfiring da with an empty cylinder is probably worse
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    My 66-8 started skipping chambers that seems more likely due to my trying to dryfire and shoot fast. I never got under 0.2 splits but have gotten 0.2-0.24 regularly enough. Averaging 0.25 probably.

Dryfiring da with an empty cylinder is probably worse
    That’s fast enough to do it. I’m convinced that it was actually the thousands of uncounted dry fire reps that nuked my MR73. I was dry firing 3x a week chasing a sub 2.00 bill drill.

To explain in simple terms, shooting a DA revolver as fast as possible is like driving your car 100 miles by accelerating to 100mph and then slamming on the brakes to a dead stop over and over again. Sure, your car will survive it for a while, but it’s going to break shit a lot sooner than if you’d just driving 100 miles at 65 mph.

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    That is a single, unverified note on an unofficial website. Hardly what a rational person would consider an authoritative or unbiased source.

Le 25 mars, ŕ Fleury Mérogis, le sous-directeur est pris en otage par un prisonnier armé. Le pre*neur d’otage est neutralisé par un tireur d’élite qui, judicieusement lui tire une balle dans chaque main.

https://www.gign-historique.com/blog...es-operations/
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    I don’t know about the above referenced GIGN tactics or training around timed fire or targeting.
    As recounted by Prouteau:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ww2XtWM3mous5U9KA
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Site Supporter

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    $525 plus 23%? Seems a lot for a French Speed-Six.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    $525 plus 23%? Seems a lot for a French Speed-Six.
    I disagree. Speed Sixes go for $550 to $750 on gunbroker, and those grips are worth $150 by themselves. Plus these seem to be in pretty good condition.

These aren’t a steal, but the price is ok, for what you get. The real question is how high these will go at auction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I don't know about that, but I do know that when Jerry was at his peak he would consume multiple revolvers p/year by destroying all manner of parts, but cylinder stops and pawls were the most common
    Farmer Frank had multiple dead 57s, shot to the point of being no longer economically repairable, in his safe.

Which is pretty baller when you think about it.

(It’s the second-coolest bit of Modern Era Hoosier Wheelgun Lore, after Denny Reichard shooting Bianchi Cup with his 629 and his full house Magnum carry loads.)
    Last edited by Tamara; 02-22-2023 at 03:35 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List