Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gel test for Federal 223 62gr Fusion MSR?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I zeroed an AR15 at 50 yards today with PMC 55 ball. I then shot five rounds of the 62 grain Fusion at 50, and it hit coincident with the PMC, which is convenient. I really like the PMC 55 as shooter ammo.
    Just a quick question before I head off to Ammoseek, is that the PMC X-Tac 55-grain FMJ load in 5.56?

I am probably going to do my very first carbine class this spring. I usually have the 62-grain Gold Dot or MSR as a defense load, so this was appreciated info.

Thanks and have a good week!

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Just a quick question before I head off to Ammoseek, is that the PMC X-Tac 55-grain FMJ load in 5.56?

I am probably going to do my very first carbine class this spring. I usually have the 62-grain Gold Dot or MSR as a defense load, so this was appreciated info.

Thanks and have a good week!
    Nope the .223.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Nope the .223.
    PMC Bronze? What barrel length were you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    PMC Bronze? What barrel length were you using?
    That post was from a year ago. It was from either a pinned 14.5 or 16, but I can't say for certain which. Was using a red dot.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I zeroed an AR15 at 50 yards today with PMC 55 ball. I then shot five rounds of the 62 grain Fusion at 50, and it hit coincident with the PMC, which is convenient. I really like the PMC 55 as shooter ammo.
    Commercial 62 grain Fusion dropped this buck in his tracks! Sadly I didn’t recover the slug in butchering.

Name:  IMG_8072.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  42.6 KB
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post

Thanks for this Molon!!!!!
    Thank Doc for the gel test!

Member of the General Population

That post was from a year ago. It was from either a pinned 14.5 or 16, but I can't say for certain which. Was using a red dot.
    I like the PMC Bronze .223 as practice ammo. Hits close to where my 62gr Fusion does. I have heard a couple of people complain of short stroking with the 55gr PMC Bronze, but those were 14.5” midlength gas rifles with gas ports on the smaller-than-normal side for suppressed.

My old Colt LE6920 carbine gas rifles with .0629” military spec gas ports run the Bronze ammo and ask for more. They run whatever I put in them without being over gassed either.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post
    Thank Doc for the gel test!

Indeed! Thank you Doc!

Chris

I scored 1000 of these some years ago and have loaded up 500. 25.5gr TAC, 2891fps out of my 16 inch gun. I think I'm set for a while.
    Daddy loves you. Now go away.

User Tag List