Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retro Glock First Gen

We are so subject to nostalgia I am surprised more gun makers don't do stunts like this.

I owned a real gen 1 I bought from the widow of a Birmingham police officer. I ended up replacing all of the internals with late gen 3 parts including a barrel and it worked just fine as long as I had 360 coverage with 3M step tape on the grip. About a decade ago when the collectability of gen 1's started to kick in I dug up the original parts including the sights and installed them, peeled the grip tape, had the original box as well and some non FML mags of the correct vintage. I was really happy because I sold the package for $800 at a time when a used gen 3 would go for sub $400.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    That killed it for me. PTSD started kicking in from my early adoption of Gen 4.

I had one of the P80 ones at my place. Popcorn popped brass all over the shooters.

No thanks.

Anybody seen one of these in their local stores yet? Actual price?

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    We are so subject to nostalgia I am surprised more gun makers don't do stunts like this.
    I got really close to buying the kit Colt SP1s that were in Shotgun News many years ago, and I was broke as fuck then. I am very lucky those are off the market, and Gunbroker SP1s are comically priced.

Suepr cool though.Name:  sp1.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  25.9 KB
    Ignore Alien Orders

original duckbill sp1...be still my beating heart!

User Tag List