Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good DAO Options in 2023?

Good DAO Options in 2023?

I know that DAO pistols have never been all that popular, but I never been able to shoot DA/SA all that well under stress. In 2023, what's the best concealable DAO option currently available (excluding revolvers)?

Please define, or give examples of, what you mean by “concealable.”
    David S.

Site Supporter
    Yeah, you'll need to clarify what size range you want. A PX4CC converted to DAO? Or smaller?

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Please define, or give examples of, what you mean by “concealable.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Yeah, you'll need to clarify what size range you want. A PX4CC converted to DAO? Or smaller?
    Oh, sorry about that. I was thinking something like a P2000 (V2?) but I can try something smaller.

my answer would be p2000 or usp compact lem, then P250 compact since you can find them, then P229 or P239 if you can find one, either in DAK being a distant third, I am unaware of anything in current production besides the HK's

I have no problems in concealing my HK P30L V1.5 LEM.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Wooosh View Post
    but I never been able to shoot DA/SA all that well under stress.
    Can you clarify a little about what "under stress" means? Like when you were on patrol as a LEO and found that the SA trigger was too light and you accidentally had an unintentional discharge and hurt someone?

Or like when you're on a square range training and find the timing difficult to get used to?

The answer to the question might be something different in either situation.

I think in general most of the people on PF wouldn't advocate a hardware solution for a software issue.

Please don't take it as criticism, I'm looking more for clarification out of curiosity!

I found my P229R DAK duty pistol to be very nicely “concealable.” Its trigger was/is very similar, in operation, to that of an S&W K-Frame revolver. The thing about DAK is to avoid over-thinking it; just let the trigger return to its farthest forward position, to enable it to function as long-stroke DA. The optional shorter reset position results in a heavier, but shorter trigger pull, so, I just ignored it.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Hammertime
    I like HK for plastic if you can find a DAO trigger kit.

But even better, Beretta 92DAO Centurion. A little heavier, but it's a fabulous DAO pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Can you clarify a little about what "under stress" means? Like when you were on patrol as a LEO and found that the SA trigger was too light and you accidentally had an unintentional discharge and hurt someone?

Or like when you're on a square range training and find the timing difficult to get used to?

The answer to the question might be something different in either situation.

I think in general most of the people on PF wouldn't advocate a hardware solution for a software issue.

Please don't take it as criticism, I'm looking more for clarification out of curiosity!
    When talking about under stress, I was referring to doing drills with a timer. The transition from a DA trigger to a SA trigger always gets me, especially with the different reset points. In contrast, I shoot SA striker pistols and DA revolvers fairly consistently.

User Tag List