Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tisas "Duty" 9mm 1911 Range Report

I haven't used the 147 grain yet. It's the 35 dollar a box HSTs so I'm going to try to find some 147 grain ball ammo before I use the expensive stuff. I started using a combat hold, put the dot where I wanted POI and it was about 2 inches low around 10 to 15 yards.
    I had B8 targets taped to pizza boxes on my state of the art range... Ended up aiming up near the 7 ring to put them in the center, in my head more like pointing the barrel at the center instead of the front sight. I have 2 Glocks and a CZ that use the combat hold so I'm used to that, will try to get the same sight pic with the Tisas. If I can't find any 147 ball I'll put a box of the HST through and see what happens.

So I got a few boxes of 147 grain target ammo and ran 50 rounds through it and had the same results. One and a half to two inches low at 7, 10, and 15 yards. My son also fired a few mags through it and had the same results. I kept looking at the dots and it seemed to me they didn't line up horizontally when the top of the front sight was level with the rear. I made sure the to line up the top of the sights and didn't see enough improvement to make me think that was the cause. The front sight seems a bit tall to me though. I blacked out the rear sight and will start filing down the front sight until I get the POI where I want it, then measure the front sight and order some better ones.
    I still love shooting this pistol, as long as I aim high. The last four rounds I fired that day was from a low ready, 10 yards, at an 8 by 6 metal target. Aimed at the top and hit with all 4 as fast as I could pull the trigger. That's especially good shooting for me.....

I’m thinking of scratching a 9mm 1911 itch now as well. I regrettably traded a colt comp in 9mm that actually ran well before covid.

What exactly is the “ lifetime service plan” that Tisas offers after the one year warranty expires? If i can score a bobbed 9mm 1911 for under $600 and it works most of the time that’s good enough for me.

Looks like the standard type warranty. Defects in materials and manufacturing. Not on wear items or work done by someone else.

User Tag List