Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 3” K frames are….

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    It does. Greg Ellifritz brought his to Revolver Roundup in Dallas a few years ago and let me shoot it. I had to hunt one down after that.

That's one of its specific chores. It currently had a Barami Hip Grip, Tyler T-Grip and some Goon Tape on it. DB gave me a new Clipdraw to test, and I'm hunting down some Farrants for it.
    Small world, it was Greg’s gun that I shot.

It does. Greg Ellifritz brought his to Revolver Roundup in Dallas a few years ago and let me shoot it. I had to hunt one down after that.

That's one of its specific chores. It currently had a Barami Hip Grip, Tyler T-Grip and some Goon Tape on it. DB gave me a new Clipdraw to test, and I'm hunting down some Farrants for it.
    How did/does your 242 ride with a Hip Grip? I've had the Clipdraw (the J-frame version fit with just a slight trimming of the grip) on mine and that was nice.

New Clip Draw?
    I am intrigued.

There are some geometry compromises with most of the Clip Draw and analogues on the market. Is there something new in the future?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN

I can’t even look at my 296 without kicking myself over the fact that, if I’d known then what I know now, I’d have bought the 242 instead, back when CDNN was blowing them both out in late ‘00.

On the other hand, having a 296 was what caused me and Denny Reichard to hit it off, and he worked his voodoo on mine.

Name:  44 painting.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  100.8 KB
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    what caused me and Denny Reichard to hit it off, and he worked his voodoo on mine.
    Denny worked over one of my Model 12-2's and then I sent it to Walter Birdsong for Black-T. I miss both of those guys.

On the other hand, having a 296 was what caused me and Denny Reichard to hit it off, and he worked his voodoo on mine.

I remember when I stayed over for dinner at his home one evening that he had a rack of loaded 296s behind the dinner table. Ready to go if anyone needed one (though we were all heeled).

One of my favorite evenings ever.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

I can’t even look at my 296 without kicking myself over the fact that, if I’d known then what I know now, I’d have bought the 242 instead, back when CDNN was blowing them both out in late ‘00.

He was a very fine fellow indeed. As others have said, he is sorely missed.

I almost traded DB for his 296, but I'm still liking the 242 better.

Quote Originally Posted by JJN View Post
    How did/does your 242 ride with a Hip Grip? I've had the Clipdraw (the J-frame version fit with just a slight trimming of the grip) on mine and that was nice.

It rides fine for me. The Goon Tape helps both with obtaining a firm grip, and keeping it in place against the skin or an undershirt.

There are times that I want to have force options, but need to be able to ditch them. A holster or any other retention device, even the old school "string holster" would be an obvious tell when I get wanded and frisked.

Quote Originally Posted by DrkBlue View Post
    New Clip Draw?
    I am intrigued.

There are some geometry compromises with most of the Clip Draw and analogues on the market. Is there something new in the future?
    I don't know, honestly. We were smoking cigars and drinking whiskey (poor us) and I mentioned wanting to try one. He dug it out of his study and told me to test it. I'm going to put some different stocks on it. Like most folks, I have big Tupperware bins with revolver stocks sorted by size and configurations.

I'll ask and see. Remind me later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I’d probably buy one. I put a few rounds through an instructor’s 242 at a snub class a few years ago and thought it would ride well in a heavy Carhartt coat pocket.
    It also carries very nicely in a HPG Snubby kit bag. I took mine for its first outing in a kit bag for a quick 5 miler last weekend.

Yep:
    Name:  3inchers.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  89.3 KB
    Name:  624-3.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  60.5 KB

User Tag List