Thread: Attaching First Spear Tubes to Haley/Spiritus Micro Rigs

Attaching First Spear Tubes to Haley/Spiritus Micro Rigs

Does anyone know if the First Spear 4" male/female tubes will attach to either the Haley D3CRM or Spiritus Mk4 micro rigs? I'm contemplating using either of these rigs for an LE duty setup on a plate carrier, but I'm not wild about having velcro and top buckles as the only retention. Ideally I'd like to attached the side cummerbunds of the PC to the front placard using tubes. In my mind anyway this would provide vertical and horizontal security with the velcro backing and also pull the placard in a bit as well. I don't have any tubes handy and it is hard to tell with the spacing of side loops if a 4" tube would fit.

Has anyone done this? A search here and Google/YT didn't really reveal anything which is probably an indicator.
    Last edited by Gmac; 04-11-2023 at 09:23 AM.

I don’t have an MK4 but I’ve done this with my Shaw Concepts placards. It works really well in keeping the whole assembly tight and tidy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gmac View Post
    Does anyone know if the First Spear 4" male/female tubes will attach to either the Haley D3CRM or Spiritus Mk4 micro rigs? I'm contemplating using either of these rigs for an LE duty setup on a plate carrier, but I'm not wild about having velcro and top buckles as the only retention. Ideally I'd like to attached the side cummerbunds of the PC to the front placard using tubes. In my mind anyway this would provide vertical and horizontal security with the velcro backing and also pull the placard in a bit as well. I don't have any tubes handy and it is hard to tell with the spacing of side loops if a 4" tube would fit.

Has anyone done this? A search here and Google/YT didn't really reveal anything which is probably an indicator.

Currently the side of the Mk4 are only set to take 1" repair buckles and not made to work with the tubes. People jump (out of aircraft from high up) with the Mk 4 and Mk 5 with just the hook and loop and top buckles attaching them to the PC with out any issue. I ran a Mk 4 on my vest for many years as LE without any issue and run a Mk 5 currently. Full disclosure I also work at Spiritus Systems now as the BD manager.
    Last edited by karmapolice; 04-11-2023 at 03:29 PM.

User Tag List