Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43x-best 10-round subcompact CCW?

Glock 43x-best 10-round subcompact CCW?

I happen to be sitting on a stack of Cabelas gift cards, and I'm thinking this may finally be the year to replace my 20-ish year old G27 for CCW. I have big hands and use pinky extenders on it. Due to some pending legislation (Oregon Ballot Measure 114) it could be illegal to leave the house in possession of a magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds in the near future. My understanding is that modified magazines, i.e. extended floor plates could also be illegal even if they still hold 10 or less. There's so much confusion and I don't want to be a test case. The G43x factory mags hold exactly 10 and will have a grip the same length as the G27 with pinky grips.

Has anyone made the jump from a G26 or 27 to a G43x (or MOS)? At Cabelas I can order one online, but then I'm buying it without being able to hold one. The gun counter had an hours-long wait last time I was in there, even if they had one in stock.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

If you have experience with the G27, I would give the G26.5 thread a read. As someone who has had a 43 and 43X, I find they conceal no better than my G19. Obviously, that is very subjective to my body, dress, etc. I don’t have the 43/43X anymore but will order a G26.5 in the next few weeks.

I really think the G26 offers a good deal of performance over the slimline nines if the additional thickness is acceptable; plus, you already know the size.

I’m not a good shooter by P-F standards but looking at my logbook from a bit ago, my best Defoor quals (B-8 @25) were:

• 43X- 87 in 17 seconds
    • Borrowed G26.4- 93 in 16.3 seconds
    Last edited by PNWTO; 02-12-2023 at 02:47 AM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser92 View Post
    Has anyone made the jump from a G26 or 27 to a G43x (or MOS)? At Cabelas I can order one online, but then I'm buying it without being able to hold one. The gun counter had an hours-long wait last time I was in there, even if they had one in stock.
    I made the jump from a G43X to a G26 and don't regret it. Is a Pearce +0 base plate for your G27 magazines a viable solution?

That sucks. Sorry you are in this situation.

I EDC'd a G26 gen 5 in a leather AOWB holster, with the 12 round OEM mag, from 2017-2018. I found the G26 heavy, relative to round capacity, and it didn't offer that much concealability over my G19, so I sold it. It was accurate and reliable.

I bought a G43X in 2019 evaluating it as a possible thin carry option. I shot it 600 rounds. To me, the 43X worst feature was it's felt recoil. It was a very snappy gun. I tried to tame it with a tungsten guide rod and while that helped, the gun was never pleasant to shoot. Compared to my G26, it was lighter, and much easier to carry. I eventually sold the G43X and moved on to something else.

Your thread title is "Glock 43x-best 10-round subcompact CCW?". Did you want input on that, or just the two guns you mentioned?

Site Supporter
    I have both pistols. The 26's weight is an advantage since it reduces felt recoil and allows making more accurate follow up shots.

I have migrated to the slim Glocks because of age and pain of carrying thicker heaver guns. G26, G19 etc.

I shoot and carry the 43, 43X, and 48 now

Some mentioned them being "snappy" I have not noticed that at all. Splits and scores with the 43X and 48 are about the same as the 26 and 19 for me. I like shooting them, especially the 48. @RJ mut have been shooting proof loads
    All three are reliable and accurate.

That being said I think the G26 is better than the slims if it does not cause a comfort problem.

This is a very individual thing. I like the G26 and it works for me from a shooting perspective, but I can conceal a G19 about as easily.

I tried a 43X and a 48 back when they came out, over 2,500 rounds into the experience I found I could not shoot them as well, and as cited they were not really any easier to conceal, at least for me.

I really had trouble with the thinner grip squirming on me from shot to shot and it did not put my finger in the same position as the full size 9mm glocks. On a full size glock 9mm I do my best work on a gen5 with a medium backstrap.

The only 10 round small 9mm I have found that actually lets me aproach shooting to my potential with a full size gun is the Sig p365 with a Wilson grip.

My glove size is xl/ between 10 and 11 but my fingers are thin.

@fatdog You are right about it being an individual thing.
    I wear the same size glove as you but have thick fingers Size 15 wedding band.
    My trigger finger falls exactly where i want it. Right in the joint crease.
    The 48 & 43X do not move or squirm for me.
    The P365 squirms a lot for me. I hate shooting it.

Have you ever tried a Geeplate? It’s not an extension so I’d think you wouldn’t run into issues, and I’ve found they are better for me than an extension on the short frame Glocks.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    My limited experience with the 43 frame as a rental was on the squirmy side. Given I have a functional G26 Gen 3 I don't see an advantage as I carry OWB, physical reasons. The 26.5 is tempting but until the CCIA is resolved (diversion, cloud yelling) I'm not interested in new carry guns. Anway, keeping a common frame of 17, 26 works for me.

User Tag List