Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43x-best 10-round subcompact CCW?

I have medium size glove hands and find the 43x grip to be just right. I have a Glock 27 but the 43x is my everyday carry. I’m one who obsesses over weight and combined with the slimmer profile, I can personally tell the size difference when compared to a Glock 27 being carried on the belt. Yes it is a tad snappier than a 19 or 17, but I really don’t find it to be significant. The only downside to the 43 and 43x for me is I tend to get slide bite more frequently than I do the larger guns.

I was one of the people who were loudly calling for a G19 sized single stack - in my case since the mid 90s at least. And it figures, once the G48 came along and I bought one, I found the grip didn’t work well for me. The magazine baseplates are very uncomfortable, and it’s probably my least shot Glock, a G26 does everything I would use the G48 for. My G43X was very short lived for the same reason.

My advice is to shoot the G43X as much as you can before you commit.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Go rent

Shield and 365 and 26 much preferred (owned all four)

The above should only really use 124 or lighter and no +p (except the 26 they seem to run anything) if it matters

If you ever wear gloves the 365 has a much larger trigger guard. The 43/43x/48 are very tight

For ME 43x was snappyest of Kahr, Shield, Shield+, LC9, and 365. 26 is much nicer recoil wise than thoes.

Good Luck

Site Supporter
    I’m really enjoying being back in the 26.5 camp. My only complaint is I really must carry it with the 12rd extension or I have a hard time drawing the gun from AIWB. If a thin gun is a must then I really prefer the Shield plus over Glock slim lines and 365.

Why not a P365XL with factory 10 round magazines?

With a dot, mine shoots as well as my G26.5. Not something I can say about the G43X.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Go rent

Shield and 365 and 26 much preferred (owned all four)

The above should only really use 124 or lighter and no +p (except the 26 they seem to run anything) if it matters

If you ever wear gloves the 365 has a much larger trigger guard. The 43/43x/48 are very tight

For ME 43x was snappyest of Kahr, Shield, Shield+, LC9, and 365. 26 is much nicer recoil wise than thoes.

Good Luck
    I've shot 147gr exclusively through my 5 P365 variants.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I've shot 147gr exclusively through my 5 P365 variants.
    then you should run 147’s

My statement is based on the threads in this very forum about the P365 and 43X/48. In those threads you’ll find posters who are involved in large organizations, testing those pistols, with various ammunition and the results. Also, some prolific shooters on this very forum, and what their experiences are using the above platforms. YMMV

My guess is if you run heavy recoiling loads in a given caliber, it would be prudent to replace recoil and magazine Springs frequently

Site Supporter
    When they first came out I tried a 43x but the grip was too small(I use the large backstrap on a G19, and a medium backstrap on a G26). I tried a P365 and its grip was too small, but a Boresight Solutions Razorback grip module fixed it(I haven't tried a Wilson grip module so it may be a more economical option). Then I saw photos of grip/goon tape being used on grips and think it may have helped with the 43x/P365 grips.
    If I had to carry the 43x I'd want a Razorback humped grip.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    then you should run 147’s

My statement is based on the threads in this very forum about the P365 and 43X/48. In those threads you’ll find posters who are involved in large organizations, testing those pistols, with various ammunition and the results. Also, some prolific shooters on this very forum, and what their experiences are using the above platforms. YMMV

My guess is if you run heavy recoiling loads in a given caliber, it would be prudent to replace recoil and magazine Springs frequently
    I've also read those threads. Just sharing my experience with 147gr Lawman and Gold Dot.

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser92 View Post
    I happen to be sitting on a stack of Cabelas gift cards, and I'm thinking this may finally be the year to replace my 20-ish year old G27 for CCW. I have big hands and use pinky extenders on it. Due to some pending legislation (Oregon Ballot Measure 114) it could be illegal to leave the house in possession of a magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds in the near future. My understanding is that modified magazines, i.e. extended floor plates could also be illegal even if they still hold 10 or less. There's so much confusion and I don't want to be a test case. The G43x factory mags hold exactly 10 and will have a grip the same length as the G27 with pinky grips.

Has anyone made the jump from a G26 or 27 to a G43x (or MOS)? At Cabelas I can order one online, but then I'm buying it without being able to hold one. The gun counter had an hours-long wait last time I was in there, even if they had one in stock.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    If your hand size is such that you need a pinky extender on the Glock 27, going to a Glock 26 might not be an option for you.

I own a Glock 43x. I had a hard time holding onto the gun as it was just a bit too small for my hand size. I bought a set of the Talon rubber grip tape and that helped tremendously without any negative effects. But the gun is still a bit small in my hands. I wear XL gloves and have long fingers.

With that said, I struggle to shoot the 43x to the same level as a M&P Shield Plus. My biggest issue with the 43x is that the trigger beats up my trigger finger. I'm not really sure what is causing this. I do know that I just can't lock the 43x in my grip as solid as I can a full size pistol like the Glock 17/19. The Shield Plus has a grip that feels a bit wider, front to back, that I can lock the gun in my grip.

With all this said, I would find a way to rent and shoot the 43x before you buy if at all possible. The Glock 43x is a great gun. But just like most pistols, it doesn't fit everyone's hand.

User Tag List