Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Glock 43x-best 10-round subcompact CCW?

A simple piece of 3M tape resolves the squirmy problem on the slimlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    A simple piece of 3M tape resolves the squirmy problem on the slimlines.
    sometimes, I did that on day one, a 360 wrap in fact, before I fired a shot and I still could not control that frame well shot to shot

Dance with the one that brung ya-kinda…

I have both, and carry both, but I’m wearing a G26 on my ankle as I type this. If you want, or foresee an optic in your future, the 43X has MOS (optic mounting) capability in the US. JMO, but if you have years of work with the subcompact, I’d say gravitate to the 26.
    The Gen5 26 and the 43X can be shot equally well, practically speaking, in my experience. I would certainly echo the recommendation that you try for “feel”.
    I liked the 43X feel, but I seem to shoot iron sights better with the 26.
    I can wear a 26 on belt or ankle, and can drop it in a big pocket. I run mine usually with non +P ammo, as I believe the short barrels don’t need the extra blast. It’s a pistol, and placement is paramount. And if you get into a free situation again, you can run bigger mags!
    If I was limited to one, I’d probably end up with my 5th generation 26 with the orange Bold night sights.

Your thread title is "Glock 43x-best 10-round subcompact CCW?". Did you want input on that, or just the two guns you mentioned?[/QUOTE]

Basically my question is if a G43x is a step up from the G27 in terms of concealability and shootability. The G27 is a .40, so it does recoil a but, but I've shot it so long I'm used to it. I will lose the benefit of higher capacity mag compatibility if the new law kicks in, and would prefer to not use reduced capacity ban mags.

I've also been looking at the Sig P365, but it's standard capacity is 12.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser92 View Post
    I've also been looking at the Sig P365, but it's standard capacity is 12.
    Ah gotcha. The standard capacity of the P365 is 12? I'm assuming this is just a typo, as the standard capacity of the P365 is 10 rounds. The P365XL is 12 rounds...same as the P365X. The P365 Macro is 17 rounds...it does get a bit confusing, for sure. Sig makes a 10 round magazine...for the P365XL:

https://osagecountyguns.com/sig-saue...zine-10rd.html

Many find the Wilson Combat grip module a worthwhile addition at $65...It's available sized for the P365 and P365XL magazines.

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/GRIP-MO...ctinfo/365-SB/

Carry a slimmer-grip model because it works better in your individual, personal hands, not because it will “conceal” any better. The slight difference in width measurement is not the most critical; all Glocks are boxy, at the rear of the slide. I do not have large hands, and a Gen4 or Gen5 G26 is “just right,” for me. Others’ hands will vary.

Another reason for a “just right,” hand-filling defensive gun, is that it helps in achieving a repeatable draw. A too-narrow gun, or a too-wide gun, can make it necessary to re-establish a better grip, during the draw stroke. The too-narrow part has been a fault of several single-column-mag compact pistols that I have owned.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

A short grip like the G26 can make draws from aiwb inconsistent too.

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser92 View Post
    ...I will lose the benefit of higher capacity mag compatibility if the new law kicks in, and would prefer to not use reduced capacity ban mags.
    I hear you. I hate the idea of "neutered" mags. But, as long as the 10 rounders are reliable I'm ok with using them. Some reduced cap mags are GTG, and some aren't. (I won't use mags with a shortened mag tube and spring.)

If the BS measure goes through, it allows use of standard cap mags on my property and while coyote hunting.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

You may find the 26 easier to grip and maintain grip than the 27 due to reduced recoil.

I have shot and carried a 26 off and on for years. I always seek a better option. I recently purchased a P365. The P365 is perfect on paper but for me I shoot it low and I am not willing to retrain to shoot it properly. I shoot my 26 and my J frames quite well. I had hopes of the 365 replacing both. The 26 for me is a small AIWB option and the J frame is a pocket or AIWB.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    You may find the 26 easier to grip and maintain grip than the 27 due to reduced recoil.

I have shot and carried a 26 off and on for years. I always seek a better option. I recently purchased a P365. The P365 is perfect on paper but for me I shoot it low and I am not willing to retrain to shoot it properly. I shoot my 26 and my J frames quite well. I had hopes of the 365 replacing both. The 26 for me is a small AIWB option and the J frame is a pocket or AIWB.
    Sorry for the thread drift and if you knew this already, but the Sigs sights are set up to shoot low if you use the top of the front sight blade.

It's a "line up the three dots" sight picture for the P365. Don't like the hold, change the sights.

User Tag List