Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Splash 2: Aerial object shot down over Alaska

Splash 2: Aerial object shot down over Alaska

Both CNN and Pravda On The Potemic are reporting an object shot down over Alaska.

Not many details at the moment.

Please remember that we have a politics sub-forum.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Prob a C130 doing recovery:

Name:  A0B8A4C3-D2D2-4CD4-9279-FAD20E4FB342.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  84.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Prob a C130 doing recovery:

Name:  A0B8A4C3-D2D2-4CD4-9279-FAD20E4FB342.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  84.8 KB
    FlightRader24 is reporting that it is a US Air Force HC-130J.

Do you think they can land on the ice out there, or do they have to wait for some kind of rotary asset to get in place?

Must be pretty wild times up there right now.

ETA: This area is super close to Prudhoe Bay. Clearly that's a pretty strategic area for US interests.
    Last edited by Lester Polfus; 02-10-2023 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Do you think they can land on the ice out there
    Ice in that area is often pretty jumbled and piled up on top of itself with a mix of old ice and new ice.

If they had some sort of imaging system to find a flat stretch I guess it could be possible but it would be pretty scary and impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    Ice in that area is often pretty jumbled and piled up on top of itself with a mix of old ice and new ice.

If they had some sort of imaging system to find a flat stretch I guess it could be possible but it would be pretty scary and impressive.
    Gotcha. Thank you. I'm guessing they are keeping an eye on it until a site exploitation team can arrive then.

And that C130 is no longer showing up on FlightRadar24.

tangent: I watched Ice Station Zebra the other day which got me reading about project coldfeet and the Fulton surface to air recovery system
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fult...ecovery_system

Site Supporter
    This is an interesting political discussion in the continuing balloon saga…..

Name:  two balloons f22.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  33.7 KB

User Tag List