Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Ammo on the shotgun - 4? 6? More?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I know this is off topic, but a follow up on this. Yesterday I was running around Baltimore with a fellow agent who used to be Baltimore PD, and they were the same way. He said that IA would do random inspections of officers' lockers, patrol car, and duty gear...and if extra rounds were found, or you were short, it was assumed to be an unauthorized use and/or attempt at covering up an unauthorized use of the gun on duty and your ass was grass.

He also had a full days worth of stories about abuse of authority and corruption within Baltimore PD that suggests the policy was warranted. He left after 4-5 years for greener pastures at Montgomery County PD, where he was viewed with suspicion until his new colleagues learned he was trustworthy.
    Having worked with former Baltimore City Police while serving with a municipal agency in Montgomery County, I can attest that former Baltimore City officers are a very mixed back. Several have or had honorable careers with our agency while others left precipitously.

Since the current chief is smarter than everyone else in the room (just ask him), he recently hired an officer who claims he is prohibited from discussing why he left Baltimore.. History doesn't repeat, but it does rhyme.

Trying to return this to a firearms=related discussion, one of our ex-Baltimore short term employees purchased (I hope) a .38 snubnose from a widow seeking to dispose of her late husband's firearms. Attempting to qualify on our off duty course, he got two rounds through that wheel gun before deciding recoil hurt him too much to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    My understanding is the officer who made the hostage shot with a shotgun captured on FLIR in San Diego a few years ago did a select slug drill prior to taking that shot.

It’s the only instance of a real life select slug drill. I’m aware of.
    At that range, I'd imagine either slug or buck would suffice quite adequately...

Mossberg 500 ATI

For my Mossberg ATI I have 5 + 1 in the gun and nine on the gun in the bolt-on cards. Have not figured out what I'm doing on the Benelli M4 H2O that is coming in. The cards have metal shelly holders that are a bit tough to put them in and take them out. I'm hoping this gets a bit easier down the road.

User Tag List