Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese spy balloon carried ‘multiple antennas’intelligence - US State Dept.

Z's take on the balloon thing with heavy emphasis on what it signals about China's dysfunctional condition.

“Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Or did they just start publicly acknowledging them?
    Boring tier guess: They've been sending them for awhile and we've just been pretending to ignore them to not give any more data about our imagining and detection capabilities than necessary. Given what was publicly available information in 1993 or so I imagine we have some pretty advanced stuff now.

So they sent a big frickin balloon, which is pretty difficult to ignore especially when people on airliners start seeing it. Then we decided the game has gone on long enough and started popping the little ones. Modern day version of Bears playing games but the consequences of downing them are lower.

Fun tier guess: CERN tore a hole in space time, but now the aliens have lost control of their AI and it's having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    Fun tier guess: CERN tore a hole in space time, but now the aliens have lost control of their AI and it's having fun.
    Thanks for taking me back in time to the Half-Life game.

I guess as long as we don't have headcrabs jumping around, I'll manage.

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

The DoD has said at the last off-camera but on-record press conference that they've changed the size/speed filters and that's what's leading to more detections. Not sure if this has already been posted but I saw a lot of speculation about them previously seeing them but it being secret. That might be true but that's not what they're saying publicly.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    The DoD has said at the last off-camera but on-record press conference that they've changed the size/speed filters and that's what's leading to more detections. Not sure if this has already been posted but I saw a lot of speculation about them previously seeing them but it being secret. That might be true but that's not what they're saying publicly.
    Can you share where you found that?

It’s kind of what I’ve been suspecting, but I’d like to see the reporting.

And if the weekend is any indication, NORAD fighters are going to be a lot more active for a while.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Can you share where you found that?

It’s kind of what I’ve been suspecting, but I’d like to see the reporting.

And if the weekend is any indication, NORAD fighters are going to be a lot more active for a while.
    Here’s an article by Reuter’s, but a google search of NORAD changing radar filters will bring up more hits.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/how...ts-2023-02-13/

My personal guess about these - to grab our missile telemetry.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I don't think you learn that much about IR missiles by being hit by them, and I don't think there's that much to learn about IR missiles, period. Thermal camera, then it goes boom, the end.
    The US sells so many AIM-120s that I assume everyone knows how they work, too. But I like the related theory (that was posted a bunch of times) that many UFOs reported are attempts to characterize search and track radars.

We're way out of my wheelhouse here. But I did play a ton of Chuck Yeager's Air Combat back in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Thanks for taking me back in time to the Half-Life game.

I guess as long as we don't have headcrabs jumping around, I'll manage.

I happen to have a crowbar and a USP laying around; I think I'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    I don't think you learn that much about IR missiles by being hit by them, and I don't think there's that much to learn about IR missiles, period. Thermal camera, then it goes boom, the end.
    The US sells so many AIM-120s that I assume everyone knows how they work, too. But I like the related theory (that was posted a bunch of times) that many UFOs reported are attempts to characterize search and track radars.

We're way out of my wheelhouse here. But I did play a ton of Chuck Yeager's Air Combat back in the 90s.
    That’s what I get for thinking without facts - thanks!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List