Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese spy balloon carried ‘multiple antennas’intelligence - US State Dept.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    You’ve obviously never met anyone in the intelligence “business”.
    Somebody with clearances is leaking stuff in this balloon fiasco. Leaking a lot.

In rough order of priority, I go to these sources when I want classified information:

1) Washington Post, especially for this administration
    2) Wall Street Journal, better writing but stronger in Republican administrations
    3) Seymour Hersh, he’s got game
    4) CNN

Congress is being played like a fiddle in this balloon saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Now here's something to consider. What happens when the E4 Mafia learns that a Chicom spy balloon is directly overhead, and is taking hi definition photos & snooping for signal intercepts.
    Somebody figures out how many E4s have to get on the ground to spell out “fuck you” in Chinese?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Somebody figures out how many E4s have to get on the ground to spell out “fuck you” in Chinese?
    Using their bottoms...
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Using their bottoms...

Chinese photo analyst: “ sir, I think they are onto us.”
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Chinese photo analyst: “ sir, I think they are onto us.”
    The sigint would be really... interesting. The Chinese probably intercepted more Wangs than are in the Bejing phonebook.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    This really begs the question:
    Did this just start happening?
    Or did NORAD just start detecting them?
    Or did they just start publicly acknowledging them?
    Given the little that I know of NORAD's ability to detect aircraft (and being well outside my lane on this topic), none of the objects reported and shot down appear to be particularly ''stealthy''. Every object that has been publicly reported seems to lack any visible indication of low-visibility counter-measures, so I suspect that this might've been going on for quite some time—even during prior administrations.

You're better qualified than I in the topic. Love to hear (read) your thoughts on the matter.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

It might just be smaller than NORAD surveillance is designed to pick up. The more recent objects were described as about the size of a Volkswagen, which I take to mean a Type 1/beetle:

13' long, 5.5' wide, 5' tall, and weighing about 1,800 lbs

A mig 23 is about 55' long, 25' wide, 16' tall, and weighs about 30,000 lbs

A R-29 ICBM, one of their smaller sub-based ICBMs, is about 43' long, 6' wide, 6' tall, and weighs about 70,000 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    This really begs the question:
    Did this just start happening?
    Or did NORAD just start detecting them?
    Or did they just start publicly acknowledging them?
    My Qs too. Something here doesn't make much sense. Someone said that after the fiasco of the first one hiden had them send up some stuff so they could shoot it down to make him look better. I sure hope that isn't the case but, after milley and austin's Afghanistan withdrawal, I don't trust either of them.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    My Qs too. Something here doesn't make much sense. Someone said that after the fiasco of the first one hiden had them send up some stuff so they could shoot it down to make him look better. I sure hope that isn't the case but, after Biden's Afghanistan withdrawal, I don't trust either of them.
    FIFY. Milley and Austin didn't make that decision or set the timeline.

Pure speculation, did the big balloon drop off all of these smaller objects?

User Tag List