Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese spy balloon carried ‘multiple antennas’intelligence - US State Dept.

Chinese spy balloon carried ‘multiple antennas’intelligence - US State Dept.

Chinese spy balloon carried ‘multiple antennas’ for collecting signals intelligence, State Dept. says

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/02/09/chin...dept-says.html

Who would have thought it?

A friend who is ex-.mil intelligence speculated to me when the balloon was still up that it was ideal for making a fields and signals reconnaissance at altitude on its journey and not much else they did not already know could be learned with such a device. Spying on radars is how he put it.

I'm not seeing the big deal about this. Fienstien's driver, Swalwell's girlfriend (although at the time he was in local gov) Ticktock, cell towers that use Chinese tech, land purchases, scientists, tech and intellectual theft...etc....

If anyone wanted to make this a big deal should have done it decades ago

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Related info.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...llance-balloon

"The ability of the U-2 to get above the balloon is critical for a number of reasons. Just surveilling it from a top-down perspective using various sensors could provide additional intelligence as to its design and capabilities. Even what could have been hidden within its envelope would have been important to find out. But most importantly, it would provide a way to intercept directional satellite communications from the balloon with greater reliability. This is a critical form of intelligence collection on such a long-range and sensor-laden device like this."
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    I'm not seeing the big deal about this. Fienstien's driver, Swalwell's girlfriend (although at the time he was in local gov) Ticktock, cell towers that use Chinese tech, land purchases, scientists, tech and intellectual theft...etc....

Exactly!!!

Why is this all of a sudden “Big News”!? Especially with the revelation that it has happened numerous times in the past?

So, reasonable frog theory? Why stop the water from heating up more, since it’s already hot?

Site Supporter

I think what it was - was a power move in the least threatening way possible.

Start in Montana - middle of nowhere and send a balloon which is slow moving and non-threatening in appearance.

We did nothing until it passed out to the ocean.

It’s symbolism and a test / probe IMHO.

It probably gathered data on the US as well. Personally I don’t know why it wasn’t shot down in Montana. But it is what it is. We’re training Taiwan and showing support for them at the same time China sends a balloon over the US. I don’t think it’s insane, but I also wonder what technical data they were gathering.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    So, reasonable frog theory? Why stop the water from heating up more, since it’s already hot?
    No, more like the frog is surprised it's even in water. Here the frog being the general public.

I think they went about it the wrong way. Had the Chinese invited us to fly their balloon via an app we'd be all over it. That thing would be doing laps around around the US. Would even have small celebrity status and featured on one of the late night shows. The trick is to offer a McDonald's happy meal toy equivalent in exchange for whatever it collected
    Last edited by 4RNR; 02-10-2023 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    I think what it was - was a power move in the least threatening way possible.

Start in Montana - middle of nowhere and send a balloon which is slow moving and non-threatening in appearance.

We did nothing until it passed out to the ocean.

It’s symbolism and a test / probe IMHO.

It probably gathered data on the US as well. Personally I don’t know why it wasn’t shot down in Montana. But it is what it is. We’re training Taiwan and showing support for them at the same time China sends a balloon over the US. I don’t think it’s insane, but I also wonder what technical data they were gathering.

Why do so many people think we did nothing? Am I the only one that thinks that our Intelligence community gamed the hell out this thing and hacked the comms to send back Sponge Bob videos?

My eldest was part of a electronic warfare squadron that was assigned to the George Washington when China launched its aircraft carrier. They put up a couple of Growlers and got every piece of intel that they could. The squadron got a medal/award out of that. How is the balloon any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    Why do so many people think we did nothing? Am I the only one that thinks that our Intelligence community gamed the hell out this thing and hacked the comms to send back Sponge Bob videos?

My eldest was part of a electronic warfare squadron that was assigned to the George Washington when China launched its aircraft carrier. They put up a couple of Growlers and got every piece of intel that they could. The squadron got a medal/award out of that. How is the balloon any different?
    I'm pretty sure the only thing it was able to phone home with were Barry Woods memes.

User Tag List