Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Music you hate

Site Supporter
    I concour with rap. I like The Beastie Boys and will tolerate some older rap like Run DMC, but modern stuff that has no real music and is just a bunch of bass while some "artist" mumbles profanity I loathe.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Bro Country. Or anything with obvious autotune.
    Bro country should cease to exist yesterday.

I had the misfortune of Spotify heading down a "recommended" path off a popular song that encompassed a lot of modern top-40. Holy shit. Out of tune polka would have been more enjoyable. There wasn't a single redeeming track.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I used to think that way but what about all those talking blues songs - Bob Dylan had a bunch, maybe he was the OG rapper.

As a man who recently started to love hip-hop in his 40's with someone coming across Brother Ali and Atmosphere.
    My man. I thought I was the only fan of Brother Ali and Atmosphere.

I pretty much hate all country music that wasn’t written and performed by members of The Highwaymen. I also don’t like the metal where people are screaming and it sounds like pigs grunting.

I think The Beatles and Nirvana are really overrated.

Guns N Roses. Their desire to repeat the last syllable of at least one word in every song drive me nuts "knock knock knocking on heavens' door or or or or.... stop it, you are not seal.
    Pretty much all 30s-50s "classics". After 5+ years with my Grandmother living with us, I promise, the music of your generation had some rough spots too.

The discussion of the Christian "music" does bring me back a bit to a job working with a guy flipping houses. He would always bring a CD player and play some type of religious music. After about 2 solid weeks of it I started replacing it with Slayer.

Site Supporter
    If one wants to hear what a good rap album is, put "Paul's Boutique" by the Beastie Boys on. It's the joint!

As for most worship music, welllll... it's a majority of what I play bass on, for Sundays at various services. I strenuously avoid listening to the original recordings, and try to add a bit of "what would John Entwhistle/Geezer Butler/James Jamerson/Felix Pappalardi do". The worst part is that most church sound people really, really suck, and all the audience typically gets is Worship Lead vocals, Worship Lead instrument, and whatever drums bleed out of the plexiglass cage. Even Steely Dan would sound horrible with that mix.
    As someone who volunteered as a sound person at church, I agree and am offended. I tried to balance the sound so you felt like you were floating in a warm ocean of sound. The music director said he liked how I ran the soundboard, so I must have done something right.
    When people are scared of the microphone and they sing with people who are not afraid of a microphone, those were hard to balance.

I like all music(my wife and I have seen Toby Mac in concert about 5 times, maybe 6. We've been to Winterjam a few times); except beach shagging music. I'm not sure why, it just annoys me. I am tired of hearing Guns & Roses on every rock station. I switch stations and they are playing on the other station. There is a lot of rock out there they could be playing besides G&R.
    My wife does not care for some of the rap I listen to, the language can get offensive. She also doesn't like the metalcore/screamo I listen to either. She can't figure out how I can sleep listening to it.
    --Jason--

Vivaldi, Ravel, Fleetwood Mac, and The Doobie Brothers. Love Led Zeppelin but can’t abide Stairway to Heaven and have no clue whatsoever why it’s considered great. It’s not even mediocre, it’s an abomination.

I’m pretty in to classical music. When the subject of Mozart or Bach comes up among the cognoscenti and I voice my opinion that I find their music formulaic and uninspiring, with few hints of genius, I am told I’m a Neanderthal, or else given “the look.” But that’s just the fact, Jack.

Bro Country. Or anything with obvious autotune.
    Autotune is that effect that corrects vocal pitch in recordings, right? I saw a documentary about that effect, basically someone turned it to "11" and it became all the rage in pop music. Now it's everywhere. Yeah, hate that sh!t.

Any song that is excessively repetitive like "who let the dogs out?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Autotune is that effect that corrects vocal pitch in recordings, right? I saw a documentary about that effect, basically someone turned it to "11" and it became all the rage in pop music. Now it's everywhere. Yeah, hate that sh!t.
    Especially fun when they yell at rowdy crowd members without turning it off

I don't hate any music. I just don't listen to it.

Except Eminem.

I've banned multiple crews from playing Eminem and if they did it anyways I smashed a speaker. I think he had a fair part to play in screwing up my generation and while he might be a nice guy if I ever saw him I'd hit him. I might apologize.

Well I guess I do hate some music.

I despise Rage Against the Machine. Blind hate.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List