Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Music you hate

Site Supporter
    Anybody remember Enya? Cant tolerate any of that kind of New Age music. I’m pretty sure that stuff started as a secret CIA weapon.

@MickAK to add to your Eminem risk/reward assesmant. I know a dude still doesn’t regret dumping a pitcher of beer on Vanilla Ice when he made his way through Birmingham in the late 90’s or early 2000’s trying to ride the Nu metal wave.

Speaking of nu metal; Limp Biscuit, Corn, etc. etc. can all fuck right off too.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I despise Rage Against the Machine. Blind hate.
    Fuck you I won’t do what you tell me, fuck you I won’t do what you tell me, x13

Site Supporter
    Modern worship music drives me nuts. Rap sucks. Heavy metal and punk stuff ain't for me. Country music has sub genre's that suck. Growing up, I would sneak across town where some folks played harp. I liked that. My daddy used a slur adjective to describe it.

Name:  757893C2-4B4F-404B-9DD8-194EEB75A54E.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  38.2 KB
    Last edited by MistWolf; 02-09-2023 at 02:25 AM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I also don’t like the metal where people are screaming and it sounds like pigs grunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    She also doesn't like the metalcore/screamo I listen to either. She can't figure out how I can sleep listening to it.
    I prefer clean vocals. A good example is Ice Nine Kills. I love their stuff with clean vocals, the screaming parts not so much. Even though the music on the whole is pretty good.

Site Supporter
    Ramble follows.

At the expense of being a bit simplistic, as I have repeatedly posted:

1. The vast majority of movies are not films

2. The vast majority of episodic TV are is not an not “event” and/or film functional/qualitative equivalents i.e. the Wire, Roots, etc.

3. Most music is not unpleasant noise at best. In a perfect world, you have production, passion (the It factor), lyrics, a voice and quality instrumentation. (Where applicable)

It has become patently obvious that many do not have all five and woefully overcompensate on the other vectors.

When folks owned CDs, I probably had 1000+. I had everything from Bach to Brubeck, the Bronski Beat to the English Beat. More than a smattering of old school salsa (Oscar de Leon, Celia Cruz, Ruben Blades) to the Cure, Depeche Mode, New Order, to rap when diction was a feature, not a bug i.e. Kool Mo Dee.

I endeavor to eschew terms like always/never/hate. Having said that the lack of musicianship, tone, pitch, diction lyric topic diversity across modern music (rap/country,R&B, Pop etc.) is all too frequent.

Someone who really has it all stands out like great service in a fast food drive thru.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    When the subject of Mozart or Bach comes up among the cognoscenti and I voice my opinion that I find their music formulaic and uninspiring, with few hints of genius, I am told I’m a Neanderthal, or else given “the look.” But that’s just the fact, Jack.

ETA: This would have worked better if it embedded at about one-and-a-half minutes in butt...

Almost anything by Supertramp.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I’m in Jersey Mikes trying to enjoy my sandwich, and Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen is playing. I HATE THIS SONG, but everyone else seems to love it.
    Second post and the thread is already full of win...
    This song is probably why I almost ever listen to broadcast radio anymore, it is relentlessly overplayed.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Second post and the thread is already full of win...
    This song is probably why I almost ever listen to broadcast radio anymore, it is relentlessly overplayed.
    Glad to hear I’m not alone in my burning hatred for Bohemian Rhapsody.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List