Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    How'd you like tonight's episode?

That was based.

I enjoyed it a lot actually. Though I figured this story thread would carry to the end of the season. In retrospect I think it was long enough. I kind of like how they don’t linger on a “mini” arch.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    How'd you like tonight's episode?

That was based.
    The teaser from the week before had me worried with the “preacher” angle that wasn’t in the game since season two deals heavily with a form of religious fanatics already but I liked it a lot. Overall probably my favorite episode of the season so far, very close to the game, just trimmed and accelerated. The actor that played David was fine, but nowhere near as creepy and slimy as Nolan North’s representation in the game.

Most of what’s being cut unfortunately is fights with infected, so I’m hoping for some more in the finale despite Salt Lake City mostly being human interaction.

Site Supporter
    Just watch the David episode. Ellie is quite a girl. Didn't need to see the hanging butchered dude. Yuk!
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Site Supporter
    Pretty brutal last episode. Joel was in John Wick mode with the Mini-14. The opponents were Imperial Storm Troopers. It still worked. I don't really understand her immunity because of the birth circumstances but whatever.

For gamers, did the first season complete the game?

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Of Part 1, season 2 should obviously cover Part 2.

Still unknown if there will be a part 3 but it’s probably years out if it happens.

Site Supporter
    Docs upset on the finale medical procedures: https://time.com/6263398/the-last-of...edical-ethics/

The Reddit debate sounds like a gun forum debate on 45 vs 9 mm.

I'm glad that Joel could use a Mini-14 so effectively. The gun doesn't get enough respect!

The aesthetics of the show were quite good. They nailed the visuals. The portrayal of Elli wasn't bad. The clickers looked great. And that's about it. Most everything else sucked pretty hard.

Joel was portrayed horribly. He was almost murdered by a scrawny kid. Laughable. And Pedro seemed to be on downers the whole time. He seemed not to make much of an attempt and the role.

The modifications to the story were all in the wrong direction. There was so little action compared to the game it was actually shocking. They felt the need to give a sympathetic back story to characters who didn't need it. Sometimes there are just shitty people. The game understood it. The show didn't.

And to have the voice actors who portrayed Joel and Elli in the game make appearances on the show as 1. a throw away character and 2. a made up character added insult to injury.

The original game was one of the best games of all time. They should have never attempted to make it a show. It could have been done well but it would have been a darker show than what y'all saw. The game was darker, more realistic, more painful and communicated far more emotion than the show did. Think about that. The game was acted out by voice actors who weren't experienced actors like they found for the HBO show, who wore rubbery suits with balls and dots plastered all over themselves for motion capture, and then had CGI added on top and were still able to communicate far more love, hate, uncertainty, fear, etc than the actors on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    The aesthetics of the show were quite good. They nailed the visuals. The portrayal of Elli wasn't bad. The clickers looked great. And that's about it. Most everything else sucked pretty hard.

Joel was portrayed horribly. He was almost murdered by a scrawny kid. Laughable. And Pedro seemed to be on downers the whole time. He seemed not to make much of an attempt and the role.

The modifications to the story were all in the wrong direction. There was so little action compared to the game it was actually shocking. They felt the need to give a sympathetic back story to characters who didn't need it. Sometimes there are just shitty people. The game understood it. The show didn't.

And to have the voice actors who portrayed Joel and Elli in the game make appearances on the show as 1. a throw away character and 2. a made up character added insult to injury.

The original game was one of the best games of all time. They should have never attempted to make it a show. It could have been done well but it would have been a darker show than what y'all saw. The game was darker, more realistic, more painful and communicated far more emotion than the show did. Think about that. The game was acted out by voice actors who weren't experienced actors like they found for the HBO show, who wore rubbery suits with balls and dots plastered all over themselves for motion capture, and then had CGI added on top and were still able to communicate far more love, hate, uncertainty, fear, etc than the actors on screen.
    I didn't mind Pedro, but completely agree about the modifications to the story being in the wrong direction. It definitely seemed like they stripped out some of the best action sequences so they could make time to include enough woke BS to cause controversy and pull more people in to watch.

It definitely wasn't as good as the game, but I still enjoyed it and I'm glad they made it. I think the story is good enough that it can stand up to not being told perfectly.

User Tag List