Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I've never seen "Parks & Recreation" nor "The Last of Us"...but I did like Offerman (and his bride Megan Mullaly) in this short ad...

They did a couple of those ads. Priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    YES!!!! Perhaps his greatest moment from the episodes I've seen.
    I'm sorry but .....when given a salad "Excuse me but this is the food that my food eats!!!" [emoji16]

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I've never seen "Parks & Recreation"
    The first few seasons were great. Eventually it turned to Amy Poehler's political leanings, but was still pretty funny. Ron Swanson and Andy (who knew he would become so famous) were definitely the best parts.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    The first few seasons were great. Eventually it turned to Amy Poehler's political leanings, but was still pretty funny. Ron Swanson and Andy (who knew he would become so famous) were definitely the best parts.
    Yeah, I can definitely do without being lectured on world view by Poehler and the NBC tribe.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    My wife. My wife knew. After a few episodes she was like "Chris Pratt is going to be big someday". She still misses fat Chris Pratt.

Site Supporter
    Wow, that last episode was harsh. Make one wonder if you want to try to survive in such an apocalypse. Lot's of bolt gun usage in this show. The mushroom people are not easily taken down by firearms by COM.

It so well acted, IMHO.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I enjoyed the game, though I hear the sequel is a dud. The storyline is great, the character development and general narrative was top shelf for a video game and I wondered if anyone would adapt it into a movie one day. I didn't expect a tv series, but that's likely the better option given the length.

I've enjoyed the show. I cringed a bit when Ellie and Joel didn't think to decock the pistol before she was to put the pistol away, but no real complaints about gun portrayal other than that. I'm through Episode 4 now and it's been largely true to the video game story. They expanded on the gay couple quite a bit and changed a little bit, (all the back story isn't there in the game and there's more interaction between the main characters and the side characters in the game is about what I can say spoiler free), but the scene with Ellie and the magazine afterward is almost directly cribbed from the game. Only difference is she steals it in the game vs finding it in the series.

I know what happens to the black characters they just met in the game, I expect the same will happen in the series.

There are some real dark moments in the game. One is a settlement that's been overran at some point. Nobody is alive there, the story is told completely through signs, broken defenses, rubble, etc. You can see the signs of a last stand in a make shift day care/elementary school area for example. Even without a living witness the game made you feel the terror the children must have felt and the desperation of the defenders.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    There are some real dark moments in the game. One is a settlement that's been overran at some point. Nobody is alive there, the story is told completely through signs, broken defenses, rubble, etc. You can see the signs of a last stand in a make shift day care/elementary school area for example. Even without a living witness the game made you feel the terror the children must have felt and the desperation of the defenders.
    The environmental story-telling is one of the aspects I really like about the series.

Part 2 is definitely a good game and worth playing.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I enjoyed the game, though I hear the sequel is a dud. The storyline is great, the character development and general narrative was top shelf for a video game and I wondered if anyone would adapt it into a movie one day. I didn't expect a tv series, but that's likely the better option given the length.
    Somebody recorded the full original game and you can watch it as a movie on YT. I think it said somewhere in the comments they had done likewise for 2.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    I'm looking forward to the Colorado chapter the most if it follows the game and the character 'David'.
    How'd you like tonight's episode?

That was based.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List