Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us

I’m enjoying the show very much. I never got to play the game as I was an XBox guy and the last PlayStation I had was PS2 so everything is new to me except for the most basic premise of guy must transport immune girl across the country. I really enjoyed the first episode and thought Episode 3 was exceptionally well done and well acted. Episode 2 wasn’t amazing but the sequence inside the old museum was good. Episode 4 was alright. I agree that leaving the wall of guns to advance the plot was silly, especially when you have a pickup truck to put some guns and ammo in.

Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    I watched one episode and got bored. "The Walking Dead" bored me for the same reason.

I want zombie movies to be action moves, preferably with a generous dose of comic absurdity. I can get psychology/relationship/character development elsewhere.

Just my take, though. Obviously, many people see it differently.

https://youtu.be/LIfcaZ4pC-4

Seen this classic?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    https://youtu.be/LIfcaZ4pC-4

Seen this classic?
    Yep. That's more like it. This is pretty much pitch-perfect to me:

https://youtu.be/DCFQtc6BzyM

Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    Yep. That's more like it. This is pretty much pitch-perfect to me:

https://youtu.be/DCFQtc6BzyM
    I don't watch anything zombie but I found this one to be entertaining. I think my wife wanted me to watch it.....so I did.

I liked the last stand with the Winchester lever rifle. Kind of a play on the American west. I won't go into it but it had some connections for me.

Well done.
    Last edited by Borderland; 02-08-2023 at 10:12 PM.

Never played the game as I am more of an Xbox guy.

So far I’ve enjoyed it. Wasn’t a fan of some of episode 3 and went into it hearing the criticism and ended up actually enjoying Bill and Franks journey. I will continue to watch it.

I also armchair QB’d episode 4 when
    Spoiler (highlight to read):
    I saw all Joel took from Bills bunker was a bolt action rifle with no optic. Didn’t occur to me to consider when the collapse had occurred and that makes more sense. Still Bill had a lot of goodies.

I do have to comment that we signed back up for HBO to watch this. We now have Netflix, Hulu, Disney +, Amazon Prime and HBO. Told my wife a few of these need to go. Some decent show always seems to pop up on the one we don’t currently have
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Quote Originally Posted by Mercworx View Post
    Never played the game as I am more of an Xbox guy.

So far I’ve enjoyed it. Wasn’t a fan of some of episode 3 and went into it hearing the criticism and ended up actually enjoying Bill and Franks journey. I will continue to watch it.

I also armchair QB’d episode 4 when
    Spoiler (highlight to read):
    I saw all Joel took from Bills bunker was a bolt action rifle with no optic. Didn’t occur to me to consider when the collapse had occurred and that makes more sense. Still Bill had a lot of goodies.

I do have to comment that we signed back up for HBO to watch this. We now have Netflix, Hulu, Disney +, Amazon Prime and HBO. Told my wife a few of these need to go. Some decent show always seems to pop up on the one we don’t currently have
    I see the charges on the card. I don't have a problem with it as it's entertainment. I think my wife has about four that she uses. We spent a lot more than that before covid on things like RV's, winters in the SW and dining out.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Noice. I guess he had a point then.

How anyone would miss that caricature I don't know but it was fun to watch. And to identify (for me anyway) with re "all the bacon" or was it eggs, or whatever.
    It was both: "I'm worried what you heard was 'Give me a lot of bacon and eggs.' What I said was 'Give me all the bacon and eggs you have'. Do you understand?"

Site Supporter
    About the wall of guns, recall the NY Times denounced this right wing fantasy!! OMG! Silly. Anyway, I was wondering why the immediate truck gun in #4 was a bolt gun with the ARs, etc. available. I did like the grip lesson for the young lady to fix her Fedra trained grip. With all the curriculum arguments today, maybe DeSantis can add grip to the FL curricula?

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    It was both: "I'm worried what you heard was 'Give me a lot of bacon and eggs.' What I said was 'Give me all the bacon and eggs you have'. Do you understand?"
    YES!!!! Perhaps his greatest moment from the episodes I've seen.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I've never seen "Parks & Recreation" nor "The Last of Us"...but I did like Offerman (and his bride Megan Mullaly) in this short ad...

There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List