Thread: Vang Comp DCAS Shot Cards

Vang Comp DCAS Shot Cards

Does anyone know what size fits various shotguns? 5-shot or 6-shot for the below models? For example, the info for the 5-shot says it's "Perfect" for the 1301. I'm assuming that means the 6-shot is too long? Neither of them give any dimensions.

- A300 Ultima Patrol
    - 870 (The Rem 870 "kit", shows a 6-shot card, so am assuming that's correct for this one. I wouldn't be using the plastic mount - just Velcro.)
    - Benelli M2

One other question - from what I can tell, it looks like the Vang model is better than the ESSTAC, due to the stiff backer on the Vang?

Thanks much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    Does anyone know what size fits various shotguns? 5-shot or 6-shot for the below models? For example, the info for the 5-shot says it's "Perfect" for the 1301. I'm assuming that means the 6-shot is too long? Neither of them give any dimensions.

- A300 Ultima Patrol
    - 870 (The Rem 870 "kit", shows a 6-shot card, so am assuming that's correct for this one. I wouldn't be using the plastic mount - just Velcro.)
    - Benelli M2

One other question - from what I can tell, it looks like the Vang model is better than the ESSTAC, due to the stiff backer on the Vang?

Thanks much.
    On my Gen 1 1301T the 6-shot DSAC card fits with room to spare. Even more so on my Gen 1 1301Comp.

I like them better than the Esstac cards because stiff backing, but because the elastic loops are thicker.

I don’t have the DSAC cards but my 1301 fits other brand 6 round cards perfectly. I haven’t tried 7 round cards but based on my experience with the 6’s, the 7’s look like they might stick outabout an inch past the receiver flat towards the butt of the 1301T.

I use the 6 rounders on my Benelli M1 as well the receiver flat on it is longer than the the Beretta and a 7 card looks like it would fit fine. For simplicity sake, I only stocked up on 6 round cards though.

One easy way to tell is to measure you flat and measure measure 6 or 7 rounds sitting side by side

I’m running the 6 shot Esstac card on my 1301 receiver. Zero issues with length. I also run a 4 shot card on the stock.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

The 6-shot card will fit all of those. I vastly prefer the Vang cards to all others because the elastic is so stiff and thick, it holds up very well over time and is much easier to get shells into when replenishing the carrier.

A note on 870s, Vang generally doesn't recommend directly sticking velcro to them because it can trap moisture against the steel receiver and cause rust to form where you can't see it. That's not an issue with aluminum-receiver guns like the 1301.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    The 6-shot card will fit all of those. I vastly prefer the Vang cards to all others because the elastic is so stiff and thick, it holds up very well over time and is much easier to get shells into when replenishing the carrier.

A note on 870s, Vang generally doesn't recommend directly sticking velcro to them because it can trap moisture against the steel receiver and cause rust to form where you can't see it. That's not an issue with aluminum-receiver guns like the 1301.
    Ah - that makes sense. I wondered why he had a plate with bolt available for the 870.

Thanks to all for the feedback. Sounds like I wouldn't need any 5-shot cards, then.

User Tag List