Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K frame red dot holster

Site Supporter

K frame red dot holster

I recently picked up a 3 inch model 19 carry comp and put a steiner MPS on it. While I love the gun, I would love even more to be able to carry it in a holster. I haven't found any decent holster company that seems to make a red dot compatible holster for a k frame. All of my existing holsters seem to get caught on the giant mailbox on top. Any one out there making something that will work?

Name:  19 carry comp.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  75.9 KB

Site Supporter
    I think JM Custom Kydex can fix you up...

Site Supporter
    I looked at their site and none of their OWB holsters allowed for a revolver. I think they only have setups for IWB.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey357 View Post
    I think JM Custom Kydex can fix you up...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    I looked at their site and none of their OWB holsters allowed for a revolver. I think they only have setups for IWB.
    Well, I've got an OWB1 for 4" K/L frames. I'd email Tony and ask. He'll often make something for an unlisted gun if he has the mold for it. 3" guns are no problem, I've got an IWB3 for my 3" M10.

The plain Jane Comp Tac International OWB will work with an optic plate. You MIGHT need to relieve the holster a little bit, or you might not depending on the width of the plate. For my ACRO plate I had to cut the holster back about 1/8th of an inch.

We can do our OWB1 for a revolver, but , FYI, it uses different loops than our regular OWB1. Still works just fine. You can order from the custom side using any pistol in the drop down menu and let me know in the comments you have a 3" K frame.

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

I recently picked up a 3 inch model 19 carry comp and put a steiner MPS on it. While I love the gun, I would love even more to be able to carry it in a holster. I haven't found any decent holster company that seems to make a red dot compatible holster for a k frame. All of my existing holsters seem to get caught on the giant mailbox on top. Any one out there making something that will work?

Name:  19 carry comp.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  75.9 KB
    What mount are you using?

PJ Holsters covers the K-Frame. They should be able to accommodate the optic. https://pjholster.com/products/owb

Milt Sparks may offer an OM-1 for the K-Frame https://www.miltsparks.com/outside-the-waistband/om-1/

Site Supporter
    Apex

https://www.apextactical.com/smith-w...s/optic-mounts

I am also user their Steiner clamp.

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    What mount are you using?

Site Supporter
    If you search by gun on their website it seems they no longer offer revolver holsters. S&W only lists the various M&P/polymer guns

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    The plain Jane Comp Tac International OWB will work with an optic plate. You MIGHT need to relieve the holster a little bit, or you might not depending on the width of the plate. For my ACRO plate I had to cut the holster back about 1/8th of an inch.

User Tag List