Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: See what you need to see training Phase 2

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    There could be… seems like only you and @JCS are actively doing this.

We could do it as a joint training thread and go as fast or slow as you wanted.
    I have a week and a half of dry firing this one. Wasn't sure if I should be overlapping it with the first phase or at what point I should start it, but figured what the heck.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I have a week and a half of dry firing this one. Wasn't sure if I should be overlapping it with the first phase or at what point I should start it, but figured what the heck.
    Generally better to have some good time locking down phase one before moving on.

Basically when you get to the point where you’re hitting par times and your dry and live match, then move on to phase 2.

Phase 1 and Phase 2 have translated nicely into match performance. Most USPSA targets are 7-15 yards and I found myself using varying levels of confirmation. Best part is that it was subconscious.

Live fired this to close out February's drill. The results:

3yd:
    .94 = .79 .15
    .99 = .83 .16
    .96 = .8 .16
    I had one shot high right, the very first shot of the string, which I dropped from my measurements, leaving me a 4 x 5 1/2 inch group.

7yd, single target:
    1.39 = 1.14 .25
    1.28 = 1.04 .24
    1.17 = .98 .19
    I had a low left shot from the second string, which when dropped left me a 6 1/2 x 3 inch group.

7 yds, transition (somewhat wide, about 20 inches center to center on the circles, but it's as close as I can manage it right now with the target stands I've got):
    1.82 = 1.02 .27 .29 .24
    1.91 = 1.06 .29 .28 .28
    1.88 = 1.14 .25 .27 .22
    1.75 = 1.02 .25 .24 .24
    left hand target with one shot dropped = 5 3/4 x 6
    right hand target with all shots counted = 4 1/2 x 4 1/2

15 yards, also 20 or so inch transition:
    2.78 = 1.37 .47 .47 .47
    2.85 = 1.38 .52 .48 .47
    2.76 = 1.51 .43 .42 .40
    left target, one flyer dropped was 6 1/2 x 4
    right target, all shots was 5 1/2 x 6

Over the last couple of months, I have definitely shrunk the groups. The times are easy to reach, though as today's shooting shows I was slightly too cautious and went a little bit over on a few, especially the 7 yard transition string, where I shot unaccountably slow splits. It's fine...next time I work on this I will bring those times down to a more steady .2 or thereabouts without seriously changing the accuracy.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Nice. On the 7 yard pushing did you see the ones that got away from you?

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Nice. On the 7 yard pushing did you see the ones that got away from you?
    Sort of….

It’s a lot to process visually and I’m playing catch up on that front. I have a general sense where they hit. So the high ones I knew they were high but I couldn’t pinpoint a specific spot. The ones I drug I knew I did because I stopped my vision on the edge of the paper for some reason I don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post

Great visual and video

How are people doing

And are you ready for more?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    And are you ready for more?
    Bring it on...

User Tag List