Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want to be Buried, Cremated or COMPOSTED?

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Shaked and baked.

And I helped...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    And I helped...
    Well, let's hope not... 😂🙄🤔
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Well, let's hope not... 😂🙄🤔
    Come on baby light my fire.

Nah, I wish you a long, long healthy road ahead brother.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Well my plans are to stick around for at least a little while.

Lord willing and the river doesn't rise. 😆
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

My wife was OK with the whole Viking funeral schtick until I got to the part where your favorite wife accompanies you…

She has the GPS coordinates where I want my ashes spread in the eventuality I precede her into the afterlife.

I have a nice plot in a private cemetery full of gardens, close to my parents and family... but visiting is so tedious due to traffic and I have to pay maintenance despite still being alive

I"m reconsidering cremation to free my kids of the upkeep, they'll remember me anyway .

Hate to be "that guy" but I'm surprised by the number of folks who seem to have adopted the "I don't care what happens to my body, I'll be dead" attitude. Closely alligned to the "whatever is cheapest and easiest for my survivors" approach.

I get that. However the main reason to figure out your arrangements beforehand is so your survivors don't have to make these decisions when they're already dealing with grief and all the logistical and financial work associated with your demise. Do a huge favor for your survivors, and figure out what you want done with your remains, and clearly communicate that to them now, preferably in writing.

For the veteran's among us, you can get pre-approval to have your remains entombed at a VA cemetery, if you desire. I don't have the details handy but PM me if you're interested.
    Last edited by Mark D; 02-06-2023 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I'll be dead, so it's not as though I'm going to care one way or another. My brother was buried in a "eco-cemetery", which pretty much was a Muslim burial.

Wrap my body in plastic and set it out on Trash Day, for all I care. I'll have finished using it.
    I think burial at sea may be an option for you. Maybe not, because I don't know your service dates. I think I'm going to use this one as the last honor for my family and my military service. Long lines of service in my family right back to to the American revolution. I could use a veterans cemetery but that's just taking up space for no good reason. Somebody has to maintain those. Usually the fed or local orgs.

https://www.mynavyhr.navy.mil/Suppor...Burial-at-Sea/

The EPA even has a system (bot) that will report it.

https://burialatsea.epa.gov/

Your relatives won't have to go through endless searches of cemetery records and pay for sites to find where they disposed of your remains, if you care about that. Might not seem relevant today but I've spent some hours researching that.

At least make sure someone spends the money to do an obit in a local newspaper. My stepfather was too cheap to do that for my mom. Lasts forever... at least for me.

Last.
    Last edited by Borderland; 02-06-2023 at 09:59 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    My hope is that I'll have enough warning to say goodbye to everyone, climb onto a wooden boat with a few hay bales and ten or fifteen gallons of kerosene and a 1911, get offshore where I don't pose a risk to anything, then set fire to the boat and put one in my head.

Most guys in my family who made it to a natural death have been pretty capable right to the very end, but a couple were surprised by heart attacks and had no control over their ends.

If I can't manage it myself, I guess cremation and ashes at sea.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Site Supporter
    Whatever is the cheapest.
    --Jason--

User Tag List