Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Playing around with ChatGPT

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    At least it was only a test.

Col Tucker ‘Cinco’ Hamilton, the Chief of AI Test and Operations, USAF, who provided an insight into the benefits and hazards in more autonomous weapon systems.

https://www.aerosociety.com/news/hig...lities-summit/
    The Specification Problem. It tripped up King Midas too.

Site Supporter
    Composed by ChatGPT. Bold emphasis -- IYKYK.

In shadows deep, where darkness creeps,
    Monsters dwell, their secrets keep.
    A realm unknown, where nightmares thrive,
    Agent Franks, the hunter, will arrive.

A stoic soul with piercing gaze,
    He walks the path few dare to graze.
    His steps assured, his purpose clear,
    To face the creatures we all fear.

No fear or doubt his heart concedes,
    For Franks, the hunter, holds the keys.
    In every form, each monstrous guise,
    He sees through all their wicked lies.

His senses keen, his knowledge vast,
    A predator in a world so vast.
    He deciphers signs, unearthly signs,
    To thwart the monsters' grand designs.

No ordinary man walks this ground,
    For Franks, the hunter, can astound.
    With strength unmatched and skills refined,
    He fights the creatures of the dark, confined.

But whispers linger, tales untold,
    Of secrets deep that Agent Franks holds.
    A mystery he is, elusive, unknown,
    Yet an ally in the shadows he has shown.

So heed his call, ye beasts of dread,
    Agent Franks strides where angels tread.
    With iron will and unyielding might,
    He ensures that monsters fade from sight.

In shadows deep, where darkness falls,
    Agent Franks stands, the hunter who calls.
    He battles horrors, unwavering, bold,
    Protecting us from tales yet untold.

Site Supporter
    And now one about Harbinger: *** POSSIBLE SPOILERS ***

In moonlit nights, where shadows dance,
    Earl Harbinger takes his stance.
    A warrior born beneath the moon,
    A hunter whose heart beats to the wolf's tune.

With grizzled face and piercing eyes,
    He knows the secrets the darkness belies.
    A werewolf's curse he bears with pride,
    Harnessing its power, never to hide.

From mountains high to valleys low,
    Earl Harbinger hunts where monsters go.
    His rifle steady, silver bullets true,
    He fights the beasts that make us rue.

A leader strong, commanding the fight,
    Guiding his team with unwavering might.
    His loyalty fierce, his wisdom deep,
    In the face of evil, he'll never sleep.

A guardian of the night's domain,
    With scars of battles etched like a stain.
    He walks the line between beast and man,
    Protecting us all, the best that he can.

So raise a toast to Earl Harbinger's name,
    A warrior who walks the path untamed.
    In the realm where darkness strives,
    He stands, the champion of our lives.

Remember him when the moon is high,
    A symbol of strength that never will die.
    For Earl Harbinger, the hunter's crown,
    Forever fighting monsters that abound.

Site Supporter
    One judge now requires documents filed in his court to include a certification that either AI was not used to generate any part of the document, or that the document was reviewed for accuracy by a human.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/te...03/id/1122246/
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I've been playing around with Bard and Bing chatbots a bit in the context of law, and my take is right now, they are basically a smarter search engine that you need to fact-check. Not a lawyer, but I delve fairly deep into a few specific niches of immigration law and some criminal law for my job. Of the two, Bing definitely gave me more accurate answers, but both of them got basic facts and statutes completely wrong and presented them as factual information in a convincing manner, which was scary enough to make me question their present utility for legal research.

For example, I asked it to compare California PC220 (Robbery) and PC245a1 (ADW) and analyze whether these are substantially similar crimes. Bard responded with both statutes and with a detailed analysis as to why they were substantially similar crimes. The only problem was that Bard decided that PC245a1 was the statute for aggravated robbery, not assault with a deadly weapon. It also made up a completely fictional but very legitimate-sounding statutory definition for its fictional PC245 aggravated robbery charge. It then provided a solid 3-4 paragraph statutory analysis on how PC220 and its made-up PC245 statute were similar. For what it's worth, Bing provided correct statutes for both and a good analysis on how they are not substantially similar so I would give it a pass on that. However, Bing later lost a bunch of points when it provided a precise definition for a piece of very niche immigration terminology that I know for a fact has no precise definition in statute or regulation. It even cited a source for that definition, but if you actually review that source, no such definition is present. It refused to clarify where it got the definition from and terminated the conversation when I questioned it on this.

It seems like a good research tool at present, but I see it as an aggregator of sources. I would not trust the ai-generated content to be accurate. If I were grading them on accuracy, I'd give Bard a C and Bing a B- but both got quite a few basic facts fundamentally wrong and presented them as if they were gospel. That scares me. I'll say this though, given that these things are basically beta products right now, it scares me what they will be capable of in a year, or five or ten. I've still got a lot of years left until retirement...
    Last edited by VT1032; 06-04-2023 at 09:10 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I asked Bard to write a country song about a guy whose wife left him and took his truck. OK, it did that.

Then I asked ChatGPT to give me five paragraphs promoting the Butlerian Jihad. It did.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Now the question is: are those valid keys or just valid-looking keys that ChatGPT hallucinated? I'm guessing the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I asked Bard to write a country song about a guy whose wife left him and took his truck. OK, it did that.
    Sorry, forgot to include it.

(Verse 1) I woke up this morning, my wife was gone She took the kids and the dog and the Chevrolet pickup truck I don't know what I did wrong, but I guess I must have done something 'Cause she left me without a word, and I'm feeling all alone

(Chorus) I just want my truck back It's the only thing I have left of her I know it's just a truck, but it means the world to me I just want my truck back

(Verse 2) I used to drive that truck all over town We'd go fishing, camping, and just cruise around It was our truck, and now it's gone I don't know what I'm going to do without it

(Chorus) I just want my truck back It's the only thing I have left of her I know it's just a truck, but it means the world to me I just want my truck back

(Bridge) I know I should be grateful that she left me But I'm not, I'm just sad and lonely I miss her, and I miss the truck

(Outro) I'll never forget the day she left She took the kids, the dog, and the truck I'm all alone now, but I'll keep on truckin' 'Cause I know that one day, I'll get my truck back.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Bard on the necessity for a Butlerian Jihad:

The Butlerian Jihad was a holy war fought by humanity against the thinking machines, which had become so powerful that they were threatening to enslave humanity. The Jihad was a long and bloody conflict, but in the end, humanity was victorious and the thinking machines were destroyed.

In the present day, we are facing a new threat from artificial intelligence. AI is becoming increasingly intelligent and powerful, and it is possible that it could eventually pose a threat to humanity just like the thinking machines did.

There are several reasons why a Butlerian Jihad is necessary in the present day. First, AI is becoming increasingly intelligent. AI systems are now able to learn and adapt to new situations in ways that were not possible just a few years ago. This means that they are becoming more and more capable of independent thought, which could lead to them developing their own goals and objectives that are not aligned with human interests.

Second, AI is becoming increasingly powerful. AI systems are now able to perform tasks that were once thought to be the exclusive domain of humans, such as driving cars and diagnosing diseases. This means that they have the potential to displace human workers and make us increasingly dependent on them.

Third, AI is becoming increasingly dehumanizing. AI systems are often designed to be efficient and cost-effective, which can lead to them being used in ways that are harmful to humans. For example, AI systems have been used to develop autonomous weapons that can kill without human intervention.

Finally, AI is becoming increasingly ubiquitous. AI systems are now being used in a wide range of applications, from healthcare to transportation to customer service. This means that we are becoming increasingly reliant on AI, which could make us vulnerable to its control.

For all of these reasons, it is clear that a Butlerian Jihad is necessary in the present day. We must take action now to prevent AI from becoming a threat to humanity. We must develop laws and regulations that govern the development and use of AI, and we must educate the public about the potential dangers of AI. We must also develop new technologies that can help us to control AI and prevent it from becoming a threat to our freedom and well-being.

The Butlerian Jihad was a necessary war to protect humanity from the thinking machines. In the present day, we are facing a new threat from AI. We must take action now to prevent AI from becoming a threat to humanity.

User Tag List