Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Playing around with ChatGPT

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Now the question is: are those valid keys or just valid-looking keys that ChatGPT hallucinated? I'm guessing the latter.
    On the twitter thread, some were reporting it working and some were not.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Bard on the necessity for a Butlerian Jihad:
    "An Ixian machine? You defy the Jihad!"
    "There's a lesson in that, too. What do such machines really do? They increase the number of things we can do without thinking. Things we do without thinking -there's the real danger."

Leto II to Siona.

:-)
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Pretty much what I suspected.

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Pretty much what I suspected.

Although he can spot overt disconnects in bias, like the Trump/Biden example(although he has to insist emphatically that he doesn't like Trump), he can't spot his own "implicit biases" and dog whistle racism concerning the picture of "Some white guy", or that it's "unfortunate" that so many companies are led by white males.
    Nor does he(Can he? Will he?) identify what the algorithm's real issue is. His implication is that there is so much racism(Are you supposed to capitalize "racism" now? It's no longer a mere noun, but a proper noun describing the absolute worst thing in the history of the universe that only white people(and really, only deplorable bitter clingers) are capable of being/doing/feeling. Perhaps all caps? And bolded italics?) on the internet that it drowns out the non racist voices(every other race/ethnicity, liberals and women who didn't vote for Literally Hitler) and leads us to a moral panic apocalypse of naughty ideas and insensitive speech.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Although he can spot overt disconnects in bias, like the Trump/Biden example(although he has to insist emphatically that he doesn't like Trump), he can't spot his own "implicit biases" and dog whistle racism concerning the picture of "Some white guy", or that it's "unfortunate" that so many companies are led by white males.
    Nor does he(Can he? Will he?) identify what the algorithm's real issue is. His implication is that there is so much racism(Are you supposed to capitalize "racism" now? It's no longer a mere noun, but a proper noun describing the absolute worst thing in the history of the universe that only white people(and really, only deplorable bitter clingers) are capable of being/doing/feeling. Perhaps all caps? And bolded italics?) on the internet that it drowns out the non racist voices(every other race/ethnicity, liberals and women who didn't vote for Literally Hitler) and leads us to a moral panic apocalypse of naughty ideas and insensitive speech.
    That sort of cognitive dissonance combined with pathological altruism is extremely dangerous when considered through the lens of history.
    It can lead to the sort of justifications for the altruist to load people on the train cars or put them against the wall. As we learned from Hot Fuzz, "For the greater good!"

I've worked in tech, off and on, going back as far as I think '99 or '98. I've worked exclusively in tech for almost the past decade. I can honestly say in the past decade things have devolved in the tech world to a staggering degree versus 20yrs ago. People who are mentally ill, sociopaths, or simply enslaved to their base instincts have entered into the tech world in droves. The Fortune 100 have gladly welcomed them in with open arms, and in many cases even fostered their delusions, almost like they want to implode existing society so they can remake it in their image...

Many of these lunatics now have startups, are CEOs/CTOs, and often receive significant seed rounds of funding.
    As they've gained power through weapons of mass social deconstruction, they're increasingly using them to enforce their demented will on society. Every 80s or 90s dystopian movie is quickly becoming a reality.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

This is a fun game to try to outsmart ChatGPT: https://gandalf.lakera.ai/

Student

Home Depot cashier fired after exposing customer information while doing viral trend

NPC tiktok livestreamers have been around for at least a couple years now.
    https://www.dexerto.com/entertainmen...trend-2217364/

Lots of drama at OpenAI (the maker of chat gpt) this week with the Friday firing of CEO Sam Altman for lying to the board, nearly all of OpenAI's employees resigning in protest on Monday, and the installation of a new board yesterday which immediately brought Sam Altman back.

At issue was the company's transition from an altruistic non-profit intended "to advance digital intelligence in the way that is most likely to benefit humanity as a whole, unconstrained by a need to generate financial return" into a typical for profit tech company potentially headed by the “Oppenheimer of our age."

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    At least it was only a test.

Col Tucker ‘Cinco’ Hamilton, the Chief of AI Test and Operations, USAF, who provided an insight into the benefits and hazards in more autonomous weapon systems.

https://www.aerosociety.com/news/hig...lities-summit/
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco/1482867
    ]He went on: “We trained the system – ‘Hey don’t kill the operator – that’s bad. You’re gonna lose points if you do that’. So what does it start doing? It starts destroying the communication tower that the operator uses to communicate with the drone to stop it from killing the target.”
    This is a superb illustration of malicious obedience and following of directions. I have convos with analysts regularly, after they have clearly come across a guardrail and hit the gas instead of continuing to head in a clearly defined direction. I will now have this gem in my back pocket reinforcing that everyone is replaceable for many reasons, to include this very pointed example of artificially intelligenced fuckery. If I could find a time to delivery metric, that would be amazing.

This is a gift. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    This is a superb illustration of malicious obedience and following of directions. I have convos with analysts regularly, after they have clearly come across a guardrail and hit the gas instead of continuing to head in a clearly defined direction. I will now have this gem in my back pocket reinforcing that everyone is replaceable for many reasons, to include this very pointed example of artificially intelligenced fuckery. If I could find a time to delivery metric, that would be amazing.

This is a gift. Thank you.
    That story has been the subject of more than a small amount of backpedaling, and may be wholly hypothetical and suppositive in nature.

There may be better parables to use than those presently presented as fictional, as this one is.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

User Tag List