Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chat GPT for police reports?

Chat GPT for police reports?

Have any of you played around with chat gpt? I know it is being rapidly adopted by the real estate industry to ghost write property listings so I'm curious if it would be useful for various administrative reports. I know Axon has been developing AI specifically for police reports, but chat gpt is (currently) free.

I’d never even heard of this program until yesterday but saw two Army officers state that it’s excellent at writing SITREPs. I bet it’s very doable if not being done already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Site Supporter
    To write a police report is to dryly recount facts. Chat GPT doesn't know what those facts are unless you "tell" it, and by the time you've assembled that, you've essentially written the report yourself.

Site Supporter
    Another concern on this is how many problems can defense counsel raise on using AI to write reports used to prosecute defendants?
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Yes....robot cops. That can't possibly ever go wrong. Say people who have never seen a single Science Fiction story...

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    To write a police report is to dryly recount facts. Chat GPT doesn't know what those facts are unless you "tell" it, and by the time you've assembled that, you've essentially written the report yourself.
    You can tell it the basic facts and it'll write a grammatically correct narrative. Or you can give it a small database and ask it to analyze the data for you:

Site Supporter
    Name:  A719FCE2-F551-4303-9CD3-94935C20E010.jpeg
Views: 1510
Size:  48.4 KB

I hear these guys are working on something in Detroit.

"analyze these reports and find all instances of the name 'dookie.' Include any variant spellings like 'dooky' or 'dewque.'"

"analyze these reports and tell me which 5 officers submitted the fewest reports. Also tell me which 5 officers were named the most often."

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    "analyze these reports and find all instances of the name 'dookie.' Include any variant spellings like 'dooky' or 'dewque.'"

"analyze these reports and tell me which 5 officers submitted the fewest reports. Also tell me which 5 officers were named the most often."
    That's been a thing for a long time and doesn't require AI or the use of open source software.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

ChatGPT is pretty impressive. I've had it write code snippets and database DDL definitions and API's just for fun and it did the job flawlessly for my subject. It doesn't write literature quite as naturally as a human yet but I have no doubt it will get better at being less robotic and repetitive sounding.

User Tag List