Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Girl fights, advice for teenagers?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Watch for if they take off their earrings, that's a pre-fight indicator.
    Or taking off glasses, handing the phone/glasses/jewelry off, spinning the long down hair up in a bun, etc.

My daughter goes to a school that is very bad about bullying. Unfortunately her mom is unable to move locations yet.

Ive taught her basic BJJ and boxing and explained to her that if a fight starts she has my full support in ending it using her skills and that she will get in trouble by the school admins but that we will treat it as a vacation.

I can’t stand the whole “punish the victim” thing that schools do.

Back in 11th grade I got jumped by two guys because they THOUGHT I was talking to one of their GFs during lunch the day before. I ended up hitting one in the face with a book and head butting the other while taking a few hits myself. A bunch of students seen the whole thing AND it was on camera but I still got in trouble too because “I participated.” Guess I was just supposed to turtle up and hope they didn’t kill me…

I’m teaching my daughter that she never has to allow herself to be a victim.

Put her in a training environment with other kids. You dont want her first real fight to be the first time she ever gets hit in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    My daughter goes to a school that is very bad about bullying. Unfortunately her mom is unable to move locations yet.

Ive taught her basic BJJ and boxing and explained to her that if a fight starts she has my full support in ending it using her skills and that she will get in trouble by the school admins but that we will treat it as a vacation.

I can’t stand the whole “punish the victim” thing that schools do.

Back in 11th grade I got jumped by two guys because they THOUGHT I was talking to one of their GFs during lunch the day before. I ended up hitting one in the face with a book and head butting the other while taking a few hits myself. A bunch of students seen the whole thing AND it was on camera but I still got in trouble too because “I participated.” Guess I was just supposed to turtle up and hope they didn’t kill me…

I’m teaching my daughter that she never has to allow herself to be a victim.

Put her in a training environment with other kids. You dont want her first real fight to be the first time she ever gets hit in the face.
    I can't like this post enough.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    If someone is trying to control her head by pulling hair, ears, etc, the fight has escalated to doing what needs to be done to get free.

Punch, kick, headbutt, bite! Use tools.

Disengage and run.
    This…and control the hands. In BJJ, never let them get grips on you..

The worst girl fight I witnessed was in high school. (Pasting this from another thread) I was eating lunch in the dining hall, and when I stood up to get a drink, some asshole started choking me from behind. My martial arts skills were pretty good at that point, so I elbowed him in the stomach and threw him onto a table. It was loud, and got a lot of attention--including from the Vice Principal, who just happened to be standing at the top of the stairs. I was thinking 'Oh fuck, I'm in trouble now', when another fight broke out between two black girls, right next to the VP.

It went something like this:
    "Bitch! I heard yo big ass got a F on the test!"
    "Yeah bitch??? Yeah? Well you be looking like a dawg!!!"

Then they got INTO it. Shrieking, cussing, spitting, scratching, hitting. Huge catfight. Tufts of hair were yanked out, one girl bit the other, and that one shoved the first girl and her butt broke a window. The VP grabbed a girl, who turned and punched him straight in the face and knocked him down or maybe even out. That stopped the fight, and everyone came up to look at the VP lying on the floor. I don't remember anyone coming to his aid, but eventually he got up. I think both girls were expelled, and my little incident was forgotten.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    …but I still got in trouble too because “I participated.” Guess I was just supposed to turtle up and hope they didn’t kill me…
    That’s how I got sent to an alternative school for 7 - 9. There were a couple of punks that liked to lord over the rest of us. The *one* time I fought back, I did it hard and ended up the one it trouble.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    In middle school my sister had a boy who wouldn’t leave her alone. She broke his nose with a right that would have made mike tyson proud in the middle of the cafeteria . Dad taught her basic boxing and self defense.

Teenage girls can be more gruesome in a social circle than guys. But the basics are still the basic.
    Years later we were at a nightclub when we both watched a girl at a bar take one of her high heels off and use it as a stabbing implement against another girl. My sister said both were dumb but why the fuck did the girl who got assaulted with the shoe not know what’s going on.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    That’s how I got sent to an alternative school for 7 - 9. There were a couple of punks that liked to lord over the rest of us. The *one* time I fought back, I did it hard and ended up the one it trouble.
    When I got back the principal talked to all of us separately and he asked me “did you learn your lesson?”

I told him “Yes. Next time hurt them worse since I’m going to be in trouble anyways.”

I was then threatened with juvie and alternative school. Up until this whole incident I was never in trouble and was a good student. After that I never gave a care about school or the the school admins ever again.

The school system is completely broken. Between bullies, the admins expecting kids to be victims, CRT being taught, sex education becoming way to vulgar in many schools, etc. Its ridiculous.

User Tag List