Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Platypus - a 1911 that takes G17 magazines

Site Supporter
    Interesting development, but people need to keep in mind that since it has a 1911 top end things like the feed way, chamber dimensions, extractor tension, etc... still all have to be done properly for the gun to run. If they put as much or more work into the parts of the gun that are traditional 1911 as they put into getting it to work with Glock mags then they could really have something.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    From my understanding and what a few of my sources have told me is this is one of the things that will be addressed on the Gen 6 models. There are a few other revisions that are supposed to be done as well. We will have to wait and see if they do actually do it. FWIW, these revisions if true, will not effect holster fitment, and they will still be able to use current magazines and all aftermarket products. The revisions are addressing ergonomics in the Glock grip and not design changes.
    TXPO
    So when's the Gen 6 coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    I can appreciate the fact Glock mags are super reliable, but it is also the Glock biggest weakness as it prevents them from slimming up their design because of the polymer sleeve and the width.
    If your end game is a micro pistol, then that might be a consideration. However, if you’re just trying to do STI with a cheaper and possibly more reliable magazine, a G17 mag is no wider than an STI magazine (I just confirmed ), and has proper front to back sizing for 9mm.

In a similar vein, I honestly feel that if someone could only design a Glock frame with a smaller circumference that can take M&P magazines and backstraps, you would have the absolute best striker fired gun on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by sickeness View Post
    In a similar vein, I honestly feel that if someone could only design a Glock frame with a smaller circumference that can take M&P magazines and backstraps, you would have the absolute best striker fired gun on the market.
    Agreed 100%

I am a little perplexed by the fact that the “customizing” options don’t include the ability to add an ambi safety, or different sights, much less things like different triggers etc.

Site Supporter
    Limited minor gun of ambiguous national origin...

Name:  Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 11.33.55 AM.jpg
Views: 955
Size:  18.0 KB

“You take a beaver, put a duck bill on it… it’s a mammal, but it lays eggs.”

It lives in Australia. They do things differently in the antipodes.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I just discovered this today. Has anyone bit the bullet and ordered one?

I kind of want to try but not sure if I want to spend $1500+ on something I can't handle first.

User Tag List